Better product descriptions

Comments for the previous Rubik's website

Better product descriptions

Postby murph511 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:47 am

I'm looking for stickers for my 3x3. I have 2 choices, the PET plastic stickers described as bright colors, or the PVC plastic stickers described as muted colors. I know there is a cube out there with florescent colors, is that what they mean by bright. There's a picture of stickers on the page but they don't look any different from the other stickers so I wonder if that picture is an accurate representation of what I would receive should I decide to purchase them. Maybe the shop could use bigger sharper pictures. also, it would be good if the shop told us what PET or PVC stood for, I don't think it has anything to do with pets or plumbing. Please, I just want to know more about the differences between the the products I'm buying.
murph511

Re: Better product descriptions

Postby rubixcuber » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:18 am

PVC stands for Polyvinyl chloride

PET stands for Polyethylene terephthalate

The PET is brighter, but it chips off alot. PVC is slightly duller, but you can't see the difference. You are better off with PVCs, lasts long.

rubixcuber

Postby murph511 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Thanx, that helps alot! I can be a little dense but these descriptions and pictures are rather vague. Knowing there isn't much difference in color helps make the choice very clear.
murph511

Postby rubixcuber » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:26 am

Power of the Internet :)
rubixcuber

Return to Archived thread for old site