ONLINE COMPETITIONS ON THE RUBIK'S SITE

Comments for the previous Rubik's website

Re: ONLINE COMPETITIONS ON THE RUBIK'S SITE

Postby i_am_flea » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:22 pm

that is exactly what i said but the other guy was all down on it straight away.
i_am_flea

Postby chrisrocks » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 pm

oh ok cool
chrisrocks

Postby RubiksOfficial » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi All,

What kind of competitions are you thinking about?
Online, live etc.

Also if they are online how would you imagine them working? For example the scrambles and stopping people cheating etc.

We are interested in helping the community and perhaps even running some comps for you!

Let us know more about your ideas and I will see if we can make a plan :-)

Thanks
Chris
RubiksOfficial

Postby chrisrocks » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:13 am

First of all thanks for viewing this post and taking it seriously, i thank you very much. well one thing we could do to have live competitions is setting up a date and time and then having what kind of competiton, how many solvesyou avg off of etc. If we could get it to where it uses webcams and maybe have friend do the scramble while whoever is competing can walk out of the room or make sure they are blindfolded etc. so they cant see the cube during scrambling and then the friend could cover the cube with something and then give the examination for 15 secs or however long and then do the actulal solve, and this all gets captured on camera. And then once the vid has been posted it can be viewed by others or officials to make sure no cheating is going on and then you could have several rounds building up to find out who is the winner. what you could also do is have different comps of different ranks so that way you don't have some who can do t in a minute going up against someone who can do it in 20 seconds. If you guys at the rubiks website team could do some brain storming also that would be cool but i will keep you posted when ever i have a new ideas. thanks for listening,
Chris
chrisrocks

Postby chrisrocks » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:15 am

and maybe have some comps that have prizes occasionally>
chrisrocks

Postby chrisrocks » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:24 am

i meant online comps hosted by the rubik's site not some person on youtube
chrisrocks

Postby RubiksOfficial » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi all, and thanks Chris for your feedback and interest.

I want to start by saying that we do care and what we are wanting to do here by getting ideas for competitions is to actually implement them when and where we can.
The reason we are interested in creating competitions for you the fans, is because loads of you seem to want to have little competitions. We want to make the community feel more involved in what your passion is.
So at the moment we just getting ideas of what you want and how you think they could work and from there we will do our best to start implement online competitions.

Please keep the ideas coming and tell your friends about interest from us and hopefully we can get enough people involved to do something special for you.

At the moment I can't give you time lines but I can say we are very interesting in host competitions.

Thanks again
Chris
Rubik's Community Manager.

P.S If you use twitter you can now find us here: http://twitter.com/Rubiksonline
Also I'll be starting a discussion on the Official Facebook Rubik's fan page:
http://www.facebook.com/Rubiksonline.
Tell your friends to join in with ideas.
RubiksOfficial

Postby chrisrocks » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:24 am

thank you so much
chrisrocks

Previous

Return to Archived thread for old site