Bigger Cubes?

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Bigger Cubes?

Postby Random Cuber » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:52 am

So does anybody have any dodecahedron cubes, in particular a megaminx?
Random Cuber

Re: Bigger Cubes?

Postby borginator2 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:13 am

Most do, although you won't buy them here as they are all made by rival puzzle brands.

I have a megaminx, pyraminx crystal, skewb ultimate and a 3x3 dodecahedron shape mod. I also have an alexander's star. While it's not a true dodecahedron, it does fall into a similar category.

Megaminx:

Pyraminx Crystal:

Skewb Ultimate:

3x3 dodecahedron mod

Alexander's star:
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Random Cuber » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Strange I didn't even know there was such a variety in the dodecahedron cubes, I originally made this forum because I couldn't find one specifically for a megaminx, I've been dying to learn a singular pattern or even several different patterns for the megaminx, if you know of any or can show me where to find out about some it'd be much appreciated!
Random Cuber

Postby borginator2 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:40 pm

My collection of dodecahedral puzzles is barely scratching the surface. The megaminx alone has a ton of varients with diferent numbers of layers, or with no centres (like the void cube). Search for images for gigaminx, teraminx, petaminx, examinx. Look also at holey megaminx and flowerminx. I'm sure there are plenty of others.

I've done guides on my youtube channel for the Pyraminx Crystal and Megaminx. The 3x3 mod is solved like a 3x3 picture cube. Guides are also on my channel, but there are links for those guides here in the solutions board. Most of the solve guide vids posted here are from my channel, but I've not got direct links for Pyraminx Crystal or Megaminx since they are not produced by Rubiks.

I'm sure youtube will give you guides for the Skewb Ultimate, and maybe even the Alexander's Star. This last one might be harder to find a guide for since it's a harder puzzle to find. If youtube doesn't help, try googling for Jaap's Puzzle Page.

Oh, I forgot. I also have a Starminx:

borginator2

Postby Random Cuber » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:15 am

I wish I had such a vast collection, I'm looking forward to watching your guides and that website you mentioned, could you point me towards any pattern algorithms for the megaminx by any chance?
Random Cuber

Postby borginator2 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:14 am

My megaminx vids have the algorithms in it, as do all my tutorials. If you want more, I suggest Jaap's site, or looking further at youtube.
borginator2

Postby Random Cuber » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:27 am

I've been thinking about making a tutorial for either the megaminx or the 3X3 rubik's cube, I can solve both and both in more than one way, my average time for the megaminx is about five minutes, I also have only had it a little over a month and my average for the 3X3 is around a minute but I've had that one longer and have had more time for experience. The best time for my megaminx is 4 minutes and 27 seconds and the best I've gotten on the 3X3 is 28 seconds, though I can't seem to cut off any more time then that, wish I could, I always wanted to go into a contest or a competition for speed solving, whether I do good or not, it'd still be enjoyable to me nevertheless.
Random Cuber

Return to Speedcubing