Least possible time

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Least possible time

Postby raizer » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:29 am

What do you think,or what is an estimated possible time to be,when using cross on top,F2L(intuitive),2-look OLL,2-look PLL?
raizer

Re: Least possible time

Postby Oogliod Knacktid » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:40 am

Let's say I get a nice easy scramble, this would be my time:
Cross - 3 seconds
F2L - 15 seconds
OLL - 5 seconds
PLL - 8 seconds

OK, that's 31, which is near my average.

Is this what you mean?
Oogliod Knacktid

Postby raizer » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:17 am

yes,that's what i mean.So i think,i'm pretty close to it-(my new time now is 40.10 sec using the method).But what if we put in the way that i have learned all algorithmic F2L and all the PLL's (not OLL's)?i'm sure it will decrease the time by at least 10 sec-so its now 21 sec..am i right?
raizer

Re: Least possible time with F2l two look oll and pll

Postby rubixcuber » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:48 am

this is mine.

Cross - 5

f2l - 8

Oll - 4

pll - 6~8

my average is 25.

i think the least amount of time using the method is about maybe... 14 sec?

anytime is possible with anytype of method.

and the full method will cut down at least 13 sec.

rubixcuber

Postby Oogliod Knacktid » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:02 pm

If I knew all the PLLs (which I don't, I only know about 3) then the PLL time would decrease heaps (to about 3-4 seconds). I don't know how much difference algorithmic F2L would make, but PLL would do heaps.
Oogliod Knacktid

Postby raizer » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:54 pm

How about your fingertricks,what fingers do you used? .(I used my index or pointing fingers to turn 'UP' and to turn 'Front'.I-used my 'fingers(not the palm)' to turn the side of the cube and I usually turn to x position when turning back and using my index fingers)-correct me if i am wrong with my fingertricks-(i used it if i sometimes practice myself without using cube rotations) Fingertricks can decrease time,i think
raizer

Postby sagrsccr » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:39 am

haha someone who is good at this can easily average around 15 once they get very good... (erik akkersdijk and yu nakajima) however it is very annoying to learn only 2 look stuff as you have to keep doing it over and over.. therefore I use 1 look PLL and am starting to get into full OLL.
sagrsccr

Postby Oogliod Knacktid » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Raizer, your finger tricks sound good. There's few things more annoying than using the palm to turn every single side no matter how smooth the cube is.
Oogliod Knacktid

Postby sagrsccr » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:21 pm

here is how i do the fingertricks..Right and Left side are simply using the full hand...For the top face, i use the index finger... for the bottom face, i use my ring fingers. for the middle face or the M slice, i put my ring finger on the back, do an R' and then move both forward to do an R and then an M2... for an M' i use my ring finger and push forward. for the M turn i use my index finger and go over the top of the cube and pull towards me. For the E slice I put my ring finger on the left side of the cube and hold on to the U and D faces as i push to the right. For an E', I do the inverse. For the S slice, i turn the cube and then push with my middle finger and do the opposite for an S'. I think i covered everything.
sagrsccr

Postby raizer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:32 am

Thanks.I'm still practicing though the fingertricks,that i have said(i have not mastered it yet-cause i usually use cube rotations now,specially when i record my time).About the 2-look,I've decided to experimenting something about the PLLs-that i dont understand.That i would only draw the case that i have when sloving the cube(PLL),and I will compared it to the PLL page,(that should work[maybe]),i just cant hardly understand it.But i'll try next time posting my new time here and seeking for advices to much improve it.[As now,It's something constant-my best 40.10(after i have slept,i solved the cube immediatly,LUCKY-wake mind,hahahhah) sec but i usually get something like 47,46,54,52 sec..Thanks again. i'll try to climb your best times
raizer

Return to Speedcubing