DIY Cube Information

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

DIY Cube Information

Postby Rubik Cubic » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:39 am

I'm thinking of getting a white DIY cube. I want to get a white one, because I'm getting tired of my black rubik's one and the colored ones, I find, are annoying to cube with.

I would just like to know a little bit about them before I buy one.

1. How much did you get yours for? I would like to know this so that people don't rip me off.

2. Are ordinary Rubik's type cubes' stickers PVC? Because my ordinary rubik's cube's stickers are wearing out within two months. By then, they already look scrap. I read that the DIY cubes come with PVC stickers. Are those any better then the ordinary rubik's cube's stickers, or just the same?

3. What lubricant does it come with? Some of the sets come with lubricant, but it doens't say what it is. What is it?

4. If I live in Montreal, Canada, where should I buy my DIY cube from. I'm talking about shipping. Where could I find a DIY store near my area. If it's close enough, I could even drive there.

5. How do you like yours? For people who have a DIY, do you find it good? I'd like to get some customer reviews.

Thanks for all future responses.

Rubik Cubic

Rubik Cubic

Re: DIY Cube Information

Postby Oogliod Knacktid » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:39 pm

My friend got a White Cube4You, but it wasn't labelled as a DIY (it was already assembled). This is what I can tell you about this:

1. It was something like $9 USD, but with postage, it came to around $27 AUD, which is $25 CAD.

2. Not sure about stickers, but they were much smaller than Rubik's (you see more of your cube).

3. None.

4. Not sure.

5. It pops a lot for other people, and occasionally for me, but it's pretty good. My best time with it is my best time (see my location).

Bear in mind that this isn't a DIY I'm talking about, but I hope it helps anyway. DIYs cost about the same.
Oogliod Knacktid

Return to Speedcubing