defective?

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

defective?

Postby NinjaCW » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:40 am

I got my rubiks cube a few months ago and forgot to post this, but within one week of speedcubing, three of my corner caps keep on falling off. I don't want to superglue being afraid it might break, and don't know how to fix it. Is my cube defective?

P.S. People say to super glue the center caps on, and now my yellow side squeaks. Is that supposed to happen?
NinjaCW

Re: defective?

Postby sagrsccr » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:15 pm

No the cube is not defective. That happens to a lot of people. Instead of gluing, cut a small piece of paper a bit bigger than the centerpiece... then put the cap on it so that the paper wedges between the cap and the centerpiece. Cut off the excess paper and your caps will stay but will still come off if you try to get them off. The yellow side squeaking happens to a lot of cubes (not necessarily that color) However it should go away after a while. It's caused by the spring grinding against the inside of the centerpiece.
sagrsccr

Postby rubixcuber » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:05 pm

[quote user='NinjaCW']I got my rubiks cube a few months ago and forgot to post this, but within one week of speedcubing, three of my corner caps keep on falling off. I don't want to superglue being afraid it might break, and don't know how to fix it. Is my cube defective?

P.S. People say to super glue the center caps on, and now my yellow side squeaks. Is that supposed to happen?
[/quote]

Sorry this isn't a reply...

What is a corner cap? Are you guys talking about the center cap or the center filling of a DIY?

rubixcuber

Postby Oogliod Knacktid » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:34 pm

I think a corner cap is one of those caps that are on the corner pieces.
Oogliod Knacktid

Postby NinjaCW » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Yeah, but what about the corner caps? How can I fix that?
NinjaCW

Postby cubeman97 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:07 am

corner caps dont usually dont fall off during a solve. only when you disassemble a cube
cubeman97

Postby rubixcuber » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:35 pm

slightly glue.
rubixcuber

Return to Speedcubing