Fridrich vs Petrus

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Fridrich vs Petrus

Postby qeypgx » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:09 am

I've been using Fridrich for a couple of months now and am getting averages of around 30s , but finding it hard to improve as i've pretty much hit max speed for all the algs. I've recently re-descovered the petrus method for F2L and and have been getting averages of around 1min when using it for the first time. What i was wondering is if the Fridrich or Petrus is faster in anyones experience?
qeypgx

Re: Fridrich vs Petrus

Postby thomas wang » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:41 pm

it depends ,next time you solve it, count how many twists it takes to unscramble using the petrus method, and how many twists it takes to solve using the fredeicks method. what ever one that takes the less twists should be the faster way
thomas wang

Postby ThePerson » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:51 am

They are both as fast as each other. You can even sub 30 with LBL.
ThePerson

Postby borginator2 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:59 am

Fridrich and Petrus tend to be similar in terms of speed. Most winners of competitions tend to be Fridrich winners, but that isn't down to the speed, it's entirely down to the number of people using Petrus not being as high.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby cuber99 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:27 am

People have decided to use because the Fridrich method is fastest. Fridrich and Petrus at the beginning had the same visibility on the web. There has been with a great group in layer by layer method which has been calculated for the best time. Hands and fingers not only the algorithms.
cuber99

Return to Speedcubing