Beginner At Speed cubing.Are There any finger excersises?

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Beginner At Speed cubing.Are There any finger excersises?

Postby maxandcato » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:27 pm

ive learned to solve the cube about a month and a half ago and i have lubed it with silicone and broke it in pretty well,and i want to get really fast. so far my fastest is 1min and 37 seconds. are there any methods that i can do to get faster at cubing?
maxandcato

Re: Beginner At Speed cubing.Are There any finger excersises

Postby Jceggbert5 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:27 am

maxandcato wrote:ive learned to solve the cube about a month and a half ago and i have lubed it with silicone and broke it in pretty well,and i want to get really fast. so far my fastest is 1min and 37 seconds. are there any methods that i can do to get faster at cubing?

Just break in your cube REALLY well, and, at random times, perform R U U' R' (R U Ui Ri) several times (about 5 min.) Use your full hand to do the R and the Ri, and the finger trick (single-finger 90 degree turn) for the U and Ui.

After you do that for a while, you get really fast at doing the finger trick. Then practice (R U R' U R U2 R' U2)3, using your full hand for Rs, R's and U2s. That's what I did for a couple weeks and it improved my times from ~2min to ~1:15.

Also, if you're using the basic LBL method, two of the algorithms can be improved by one turn, and that means one less edge to fiddle with if it gets stuck. U R U' R' can become F' U' F. U' F' U F can become R U R'. Just that small change saved another 3-5 seconds per solve!
Why should we only do a dollop of Daisy? Why not three?!?

Brain = Noodle ~= Spaghetti!
Jceggbert5

Postby tk3141 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Try doing R' U R' very fast.
tk3141

Postby borginator2 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:19 pm

Or better still R U R' U'. If you do it right 6 times, the cube returns to it's starting state.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby leechiahwa » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:01 am

You could do this too:U,R',U',R CONTINUESLY until you get a full phase cube.
leechiahwa

Return to Speedcubing