Competition

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Competition

Postby speedcuber4221 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:04 pm

OK so i kinda want to enter a competition, but i dont think that i can just go to any competition like the us nationals and compete. so would i have to wait til after october and compete in some local competition like in pittsburgh to compete?

thanks.
Your cube is calling for you.
speedcuber4221

Re: Competition

Postby Zeotor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:54 pm

On the US Nationals 2011 page (which I got to from the WCA website), it has the following.

"No experience in WCA competitions is necessary, but competitors should be familiar with the regulations."

Based on that, I think that you could go to that competition. There's some more information on that website that you should check out if you're interested. Also, this page on the WCA website has a list of US competitions on it.

Hope this helps!
Zeotor

Postby speedcuber4221 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:15 am

OK thanks, but do you know if there are any opens in pittsburgh after the world championship because they dont post those on the wca website.
speedcuber4221

Postby Zeotor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm not sure because nothing has been posted on the WCA website or the Cubing USA page. I guess you'd just have to keep checking those sites to see if something is announced later. Nothing has been posted yet probably because August is so far away. There probably will be one in Pittsburgh because there has been one every year since 2008. This page shows a list of those competitions.
Zeotor

Postby speedcuber4221 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:58 pm

OK thanks i will beg my parents to let me go to that competition since carnegie mellon isnt that far away
who knows, i'm learning oll and maybe by that time i will be close to the world record! :D ! :D ! :D !
speedcuber4221

Return to Speedcubing