f2l help!!!

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

f2l help!!!

Postby analysis230 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:04 pm

hey guys i m an intermediate cuber....!!! i can solve cube in near 35 seconds.... I have been using fridrich intuitive f2l method for almost an year n I have got a gud hold of it... i take about 20 seconds in solving the f2l(including the cross).... i want to improve.. i want to ask that is learning the algorithm method worth it??? is there any way i can improve my intuitive method because i would not like to learn all 41 algorithms and it will aslo take me about a month to get used to them.....
IS THERE ANY WAY TO IMPROVE THE FRIDRICH INTUITIVE F2L METHOD OR CAN ANY OTHER INTUITIVE F2L METHOD BE USED?????
analysis230

Re: f2l help!!!

Postby Zeotor » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:09 pm

It would probably be good to learn some of the F2L algorithms. In this video by theWestonian, he gives thirteen F2L algorithms that he thinks intuitive F2L users should know. This video, by badmephisto, offers some ways to practice F2L. One thing he goes over is a way to practice solving F2L slots from different angles.

While the algorithmic F2L solutions are usually faster than intuitive ones, there are some advantages to solve the F2L intuitively. One of these things is that you can reduce cube rotations. For example, you can solve a slot in the back layer without having to move that slot to the front. Another advantage is that you can use empty slots when solving an F2L pair.

Hope this helps!
Zeotor

Return to Speedcubing