I REALLY Need Help!

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

I REALLY Need Help!

Postby xNIN3 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:59 pm

So, I recently bought a Rubik's Brand Cube, and have learned how to solve it fairly easily, but I wanna learn how to solve it FAST! However, i don't have Silicone, which is what I've been told is the best, and I heard Vaseline eats away at the plastic after a while. So, I need an alternative to Silicone. And yes, I have sanded down my cube, and it is a little faster. I have heard that PAM and other cooking oils work well, but I really don't know if I should trust it. Also, I plan on getting a Speedcube pretty soon anyway, but still want to make my current cube faster, what type of cube should I get? I have heard alot of great things about Zhanchi's, and they're relatively inexpensive too, what would you guys recommend?
xNIN3

Re: I REALLY Need Help!

Postby Sharkretriver » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:15 pm

How bout switching methods? Use the fridrich method, it should get you to under a minute easily.
Also, can you not go and buy silicone spray?
I would recommend Zhanchi, or how bout an Ultimate Lubix Zhanchi/Guhong?
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Re: I REALLY Need Help!

Postby skeletonboy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:05 am

I would just go buy silicone spray, Jig-a-loo, because you'll need it too when you buy your speedcube. I do recommend the Zhanchi, have heard all the great things about it, can't find a con about it. World record is set on it too if that matters....
The Guhong has a great smooth indescribable feeling to it as if it glides, but the Zhanchi is simply just an uber-fast cube which most likely wont pop, and it will never pop, (yes never) if you put torpedos' in it.

Modding your cube by sanding down the pieces and lubing it well are basically the most you can make out of it....
skeletonboy

Return to Speedcubing