Want to solve faster

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Re: Want to solve faster

Postby Zeotor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:16 pm

When you solve the cross on the bottom layer, plan out what you are going to do. Do that before you start solving, and take as long as you need. When you find patterns or situations that come up a lot, figure out the best way to deal with them. Then, when you get that same situation next time, do it the same way.

As you get better, try to solve the cross in eight or less moves; you never need more than eight. Also, when you get better, don't look at the cross while you are solving it. Plan out all of the moves, then do them while looking for other pieces.
Zeotor

Re: Want to solve faster

Postby jumbo72 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 am

Pwnspeed12 wrote:May I please know how to solve the cross fast?

There are some good tutorials on YouTube on speeding up the cross. My understanding now is that it will NEVER take more than 8 moves, and it's usually 4-5. The trick is to understand the order in which to turn the faces. One thing I heard is that you should take as long as you like to plan the moves, and then try and do the cross blindfolded (or perhaps if you trust yourself with your eyes closed ;) )

Good luck !
jumbo72

Previous

Return to Speedcubing