DIY or Store-Bought Cubes?

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

DIY or Store-Bought Cubes?

Postby ffiti » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:03 pm

My main speedcube is a DIY cube.  I have bought two store cubes, both of which have been fine (one of which I sold, the other is an Icon).  However, many of my friends' store-bought cubes are terrible.  Does anyone else have this problem, or is is just them?
ffiti

Re: DIY or Store-Bought Cubes?

Postby Doctor The Man From The Moon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:16 am

Rubiks cubes vary in quality a lot. Mine was fine but I know a few bad ones, and one brilliant one owed by friends.
Recently Rubik's cubes have been getting better in sticker quality and turning speed. Probably in a bid to out-compete the emerging competitors.
Doctor The Man From The Moon

Postby BoardBoy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:23 am

One of my friends has a rubiks brand rubiks cube that came already lubed. Any answers?
BoardBoy

Postby Jmah123 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:59 am

OMG. Diansheng cubes are the best cubes. Next to that comes Cube4You than store bought. You need to add silicone or jigaloo. NNNNNNNEEEEEEEVVVVVEEEEEERRRRRR use petroleum jelly or commonly known as vaseline
Jmah123

Postby Whiz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:23 pm

Guys My dad told me to use Baby Powder! So I used it then my cube got stuck now my dad oiled my Cube its better but what do I do?
Whiz

Postby Rubik's Cube » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:39 pm

What do you mean what do you do?
Rubik's Cube

Postby crstdvnc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:32 am

my cube is also a Rubik's DIY, it was good for One Hand and Speedcubing. One of my friend has a store-bought and when he buy it it was terrible. But after he lubes the cube and try to solve with it, the cube is like getting nicer by itself. Yesterday when i tried it, it just like a DIY cube. Hope my experience is helpful for you all :) P.S. sorry for the bad english
crstdvnc

Return to Solutions