picture cube

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

picture cube

Postby solverguy1 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:59 am

who knows how to solve a picture cube?
solverguy1

Re: picture cube

Postby Jaco_flans » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:42 am

me... it's the same thing as a nomal cube...
Jaco_flans

Postby OsyenVyeter » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:13 am

Hes not quite right, you dont just solve it like a regular cube because cubes like your picture cube have an additional 2048 possible permutations since colors lack the ability to be upsidedown or sideways.

If you want to know how to solve it heres how:  first solve the top layer (and if you cant the first layer's core rightside up, Ill smack ya. lol)  once thats done I reccomend that before you work on the middle layer edge pieces that you take a part of the first layer (so thatd be 1/3rd of it)  rotate it down into the 'basement' and give it a good 180 once its in the basement.

You will find that it is now 'out of play'   (make sure it remains 'out of play' ) allowing you to flip through all the various middle layers and fix the cores of the middle layer.  do this for 3 of them.  on the 4th one have it upside down because once you place that top layer stuff that you had earlier put 'out of play'  well once you put that back 'into play' and rotate it up to its home youll find that it will simultaenously rectify the core's upsidedowness and so now you should have 5/6 cores being proper.  Go ahead and solve for the middle layer edges. 

As for the last layer I know how to solve for it and even its core but it would be quite complicated to just articulate it.  I could post up a youtube vid of it, but the only cube i have that would work this demo would be my braille cube and to the outside observer the cubies would be quite hard to differentiate.  my reccomendation would be to see if you can figure out the final core (its half the fun anyway)
OsyenVyeter

Postby borginator2 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:29 am

There's an easier way!

Solve as a normal cube then fix the centre rotations at the end.

To rotatate the Right centre and Up Centre do the following:

Rotate R, R2 or R', do:  RL' FB' UD' (then R, R2 or R') then DU' BF' LR'

Up centre will also rotate U', U2 or U at the same time.

To rotate a single Up centre U2 do the following:  (RL U2 R'L' U) twice.

All 3x3 picture cubes (and fisher cubes, mastermorphix etc.) can be fixed that way!
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Return to Solutions