Dan Brown's "How to solve the Rubik's Cube" Second Edition

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

Dan Brown's "How to solve the Rubik's Cube" Second Edition

Postby rubixcuber » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:01 pm

Dan Brown (aka Pogobat) has created a second edition of  his famous 'How to solve the Rubik's Cube'. The original version, however, was criticized by many many speedcubers. Maybe that was the reason for his new edition... anyways its much more informative, easy, and 'interactive'. He set it up so you can skim through the steps and find the part where you need to learn.

Much much better than his old one in my opinion, and he still keeps the fun in the second edition.

I guess badmephisto's Beginner's method tutorial is for 'introduction to the world of speedcubing' and dan brown's both editions is for 'just solve the cube and have fun doing it'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOgN7d1D-3s&feature=channel << His tutorial.

ps i learned from his first edition tutorial, however i couldnt find any bad things about it, dunno y its bad.

rubixcuber

Re: Dan Brown's "How to solve the Rubik's Cube" Second Edition

Postby HelpCube » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:23 am

he calls cubies 'cublets' and i think it was pointless for him to make a new one. It's just simply not needed, there's too many out there already. Also, his method is the usual beginner method up until the last layer, which is EXTREMELY messed up. With the real beginner method, it sets you up to easily learn a 4-look last layer. I rated it 2 * :P
HelpCube

Postby rubixscubeaxeit » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:25 pm

I totally agree with you on that one I'm new at doing the cube and just trying to work out that last layer and he has my cube totally messed up all the time :-( 
rubixscubeaxeit

Postby rubixcuber » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:21 pm

rubik's god, what plentiful information you got there o_O i read it all... interesting. Dan Brown copied that method, from the folded paper from the storebought cubes!! hmm...
rubixcuber

Postby Ignorancepersonified » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:22 pm

All Dan Brown wanted to do was show people how to solve the cube. He never said it was some cool method he discovered on his own. Only a few people discover their knowledge for themselves, many of us learn from someone else or some other source. Yet, once we know how to do something, does that make our knowledge any less useful just because our own mind wasn't the source of orgin?
Ignorancepersonified

Postby rubixcuber » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:11 am

heheh its like calling our modern numbers Arabic Numerals when its from India o_O
rubixcuber

Return to Solutions