Rubik's World

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

Rubik's World

Postby Kyala6 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:24 am

I am the proud owner of a Rubik's World that I inherited from my husband when we got married. I can solve the rubik's 3x3 & 4x4 easily enough, but this, this infernal contraption, I cannot fathom it. I believe I've gotten to the point where I only have 3 pieces messed up, however (and here's the BIG however), I have no idea what the original bugger looked like! It's been messed up from day one.

Anyways, is there anyone out there who knows how to do the Rubik's World?

Thanks in advance,
Tozzle
Kyala6

Re: Rubik's World

Postby rubixcuber » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:33 am

I thought I was reading Frankenstein from Chapter 1...

Wii or DS?

rubixcuber

Postby Kyala6 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:27 am

1st, I don't think there was any reason to be rude.

2nd, it's not for the Wii or DS, it's a physical rubik's world. Aka: A rubik's cube shaped like the world ...
Kyala6

Postby rubixcuber » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 am

A1. Didnt mean to be rude sorry ^^

A2. The cube isnt shaped like the world...?

I cannot answer your very first question, what do you mean 'who can do the world'?

rubixcuber

Postby Kyala6 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:32 am

[img]http://www.tabbykat.com/Rubik%27s%20world%20w%20stand%20R.jpg[/img]

This is the puzzle I have ... I don't know how to do it, and I'm looking for anyone who can explain how to do it to me :)
Kyala6

Postby rubixcuber » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:43 pm

oh woop sorry i thought you were talking about the game. there are many rubik's worlds... including the link on the top middle of this page.

i guess its like a rubik's cube... not sure sorry :P

rubixcuber

Postby Kyala6 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:43 am

*laughs* yeah, it's very similar to the rubik's cube except the middle pieces from each 'side' are 1 big piece instead of two smaller pieces ... plus you have to get the rotation correct ... it's the rotation that's a **** lol I can get the pieces where they go ... but they're not the right direction *sighs* Thank you for taking the time to at least try to answer my question :) As for Rubik's World the game (wii) I didn't find the puzzles that challenging, it's the controls that drive me mad ... I prefer having the actual cube in my hand :)
Kyala6

Postby budlcuber » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:43 pm

How many pieces does it have? Is it like a 2x2x2 that has 8 pieces, or a 3x3x3 that has 26? Have you ever solved a 2x2x2 cube?

Have you looked for solutions on YouTube?
budlcuber

Postby Kyala6 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:40 am

It has 26 pieces so it is on the same level as the 3x3x3 cube. I can easily solve the 3x3x3, I think the problem isn't so much getting the pieces in the right place, but getting them in the right place going in the correct direction. I'm sure there is some simple solution to this problem, some maneuver that will solve this issue.

As for the 2x2x2, no, I haven't done it. However, I have done the 4x4x4 in which I always get all the middle sides first (essentially doing a 2x2x2 rubik's cube).

As for checking on youtube etc ... there is one that I know of, but it doesn't explain it, and you can't really see it that well ... it's not much help :)
Kyala6

Postby budlcuber » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:45 am

I'm working on a video showing how to solve a picture cube. I think you will be able to apply the technique used to spin centers in order to finish up the globe. The pieces you are having trouble with probably correspond to cube centers. On normal cubes the center orientation doesn't matter, but on picture cubes, the Master Pyramorphinx, Fishers Cube, and the like centers need to be oriented correctly. I'll post back when I am finished.
budlcuber

Next

Return to Solutions