Help on cross

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

Help on cross

Postby Revolution » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Can anyone give me sites and links or help me with fast ways to get the first step (the cross in this case).
It takes me about 15 seconds to get the cross plus the corresponding bottom edges. This increases my final time =(

Any help pls? 
Revolution

Re: Help on cross

Postby krazykat003 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:46 am

hi, i'm new here, but i solved the 3x3 for my first time yesterday. i think 15 seconds is pretty good, keep up the good work
krazykat003

Postby LeetSpeak » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Do you mind explaining how you solve the cross?

If you don't already know, the Cross can be solved with 8 turns, in any case. This is what you want to learn how to do.

I use mixture of intermediate and advanced Cross techniques. I learned all my Cross techniques intuitively, and on my own.

From knowing how you solve your Cross, I may be able to provide you with tips on solving it. Note, however, that I am still quite slow at Cross solving, and it may take me 2-4 seconds (more or less, occasionally) to solve.

One thing I will suggest, though, is that you plan as far into the Cross as possible during inspection. Aim for planning out the entire Cross.

LeetSpeak

Postby rubixcuber » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:31 pm

[quote user='LeetSpeak']Do you mind explaining how you solve the cross?

If you don't already know, the Cross can be solved with 8 turns, in any case. This is what you want to learn how to do.

I use mixture of intermediate and advanced Cross techniques. I learned all my Cross techniques intuitively, and on my own.

From knowing how you solve your Cross, I may be able to provide you with tips on solving it. Note, however, that I am still quite slow at Cross solving, and it may take me 2-4 seconds (more or less, occasionally) to solve.

One thing I will suggest, though, is that you plan as far into the Cross as possible during inspection. Aim for planning out the entire Cross.

[/quote]

There really isnt a 'intermediate and pro' cross method. the cross has no exact method, due to the fact that it is intuitive.

However an intermediate speedcuber should have a sub 5 cross, of 8 or lower moves.

Rubik's Cube: Cross (Advanced)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=advanced+cross&search_type=&aq=f

Choose a tutorial from this list... badmephisto is da best.

rubixcuber

Postby rubixcuber » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:34 pm

btw these tutorials are not METHODS. They are just tips for doing the cross faster.

some speedcubers like me of LeetSpeak dont need to watch these and can just do fine on their own (well actually i got some help from sagrsccr) try solving the cross in 8 moves b4 you watch them!! :)

merry happy joyful cubing

rubixcuber

Return to Solutions