Help with next step

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

Help with next step

Postby tfray94 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:25 am

Hi, I just got my Rubik's cube about a month ago and learned the method where after solving F2L and the cross on top you solve the edges, the permeate the corners, then orient the corners (A.K.A) the tutorial by pogobat on youtube. I then learned the keyhole method of solving F2L and my fastest time is about 1:15.

I recently found a new beginners solution on learn2cube.com where after finding the cross on the last layer you solve the entire top side, then orient and permeate the corners, then permeate the edges. Is this method going to reduce my time or is it a waste of my time.

Also, what time should I have before I move on to a more advanced method. And lastly, after I do master the beginner level, what method should I move onto next.

I know this is a lot but any feedback is greatly appreciated!
tfray94

Re: Help with next step

Postby rubixcuber » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:45 pm

[quote user='tfray94']Hi, I just got my Rubik's cube about a month ago and learned the method where after solving F2L and the cross on top you solve the edges, the permeate the corners, then orient the corners (A.K.A) the tutorial by pogobat on youtube. I then learned the keyhole method of solving F2L and my fastest time is about 1:15.

I recently found a new beginners solution on learn2cube.com where after finding the cross on the last layer you solve the entire top side, then orient and permeate the corners, then permeate the edges. Is this method going to reduce my time or is it a waste of my time.

Also, what time should I have before I move on to a more advanced method. And lastly, after I do master the beginner level, what method should I move onto next.

I know this is a lot but any feedback is greatly appreciated!
[/quote]

Haha... i suggest getting a sub 40 before going on to any more advanced methods.

the next method you want to go on to is Fridrich F2L (better known as just F2L, not to be confused with Keyhole, Petrus or other methods). F2L is part of a larger method called CFOP (better known as Fridrich; Cross F2L OLL PLL)

Then you learn OLL (Orientation of the Last Layer) where you make a solid side with the center color, then you use PLL (Permutation of the Last Layer) where you move the pieces around the last layer (when OLLed or Oriented) to finish the last layer, thus solve the cube. the full OLL and PLL method has millions (exagerrated of course) of algorithms so i suggest you should learn 2 look OLL PLL first (My current method).

happy joyful merry gay (happy gay) cubing!

rubixcuber

Return to Solutions