How to solve the "Mirror Blocks" Cube?

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

How to solve the "Mirror Blocks" Cube?

Postby floydboy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:29 pm

You know, the assymetrical all-mirrored cube that used to be called the 'bump cube'? Well, I heard you can use the same algorithms as with the normal 3x3 cube, but I have no idea how to make them work without the colors to guide me. I guess I can understand starting with a cross, but how on earth do you figure out how to use the other strategies just based on shape? I'm so confused, this really was a brilliant idea for a cube!
floydboy

Re: How to solve the "Mirror Blocks" Cube?

Postby OsyenVyeter » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Use the force, Luke.

Ok but seriously though, as annoyingly common sense as this is going to sound, you just need to ascertain what goes where. 

Once you finish with your top layer first, when you do your middle ring of edge pieces you need to ensure that you put the proper pieces in,  once that is complete by process of elimination all that will be left is your bottom layer pieces which ever so convieniently will be in the bottom layer.  You must learn to see through the illusion of lengths and see them for the colors that which they are.  For me I do the bottom cross as the next step, so for me if the bottom cross pieces arent meeting up to the length of the bottom core piece, then i manipulate it till the cross is as it should be.  Just let what you know of 3x3s guide you. 
OsyenVyeter

Postby Blue » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:05 pm

I don't have a mirror cube, but I have a Soduko cube, it has the same problem of having no colors to rely on.   It really has nothing to do with the actual Sudoku game, it just that it has numbers one through nine on each face.   I like to use the corners first method, it works ok with it because it gives a reference point to the edges since all the center peices are the same, 5's.  However it takes a little more concentration to do then a regular six-color cube, because like you say there no colors as a guide. I don't know if corners first would work better than F2L, but it's good to experiment with different methods till you find one that works the best.

Blue

Postby junejie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:51 am

please donnot use that cube,, its is complcatedwhenu use a mirror for cubing
junejie

Return to Solutions