Pochmann cube

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

Pochmann cube

Postby cube2cube » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:19 am

Does anyone know how to solve the Pochmann cube? It's the same 3x3x3 that they sell at puzl.co.uk, I'm having trouble with the centre pieces, there are four coloured bands around the edges of the centre cubies that have to be matched with the colour of the adjacent face. F2L is no problem it's just the last layer that's the problem. Can anyone please help a very frustrated cuber? [:'(]
cube2cube

Re: Pochmann cube

Postby cuber969 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:34 pm

That's just a super-cube.  Since it's the last layer you're having problems with, I think the only algorithm that you might need is one to rotate that last layer center 180 degrees without affecting the other solved pieces in the last layer.  Here is a 2-gen algorithm to do this:

(R U' R' U')5

The 5 means to repeat the algorithm in parentheses
5 times, just in case you were confused about that.

Other than that, I cannot see why you are having problems.  If the last layer center needs to be rotated 90 degrees, it' probably because:
1) You have another center rotated 90 degrees in the F2L or
2) You have not solved the corners or edges in the LL.

Extra hint:
The corners are the pieces which can really help you see the required color scheme.
cuber969

Re: Pochmann cube

Postby cube2cube » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:31 am

Thanks very much cuber969, that was a great help. No problems at all now, that algorithm was a life saver. I bought the cube thinking I could solve it with ease, boy was I wrong. You've come to my rescue once again. Cheers!!!
cube2cube

Return to Solutions