Solve cube with photos

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

Solve cube with photos

Postby mersault » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:57 am

I have a rubik cube which has 6 different photos on it. Like this one: http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/photo-rubiks-cube.jpg

Basically it's the same as ordinary cube - the difference is in centre cubies (they have to be rotated the right way).

I almost solved it - I have all cubies on right spot, just 3 of centre cubies are not rotated the right way. Two of them need 90 degrees rotation and one needs 180 degrees rotation. How do I solve it?

Thank you.
mersault

Re: Solve cube with photos

Postby borginator2 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:15 am

(U' and R) or (U2 and R2) or (U and R'), do RL' FB' UD' (R, R2 or R') DU' BF' LR' (U', U2 or U).

I know that sounds complicated.  Basically, decide which way to move R.  Then Rotate R and L the same way (clocwise with respect to R), and then F and B the same way (F clockwise), and U and D (Up clockwise), then rotate R the way you wanted it to go, then reverse those paired faces.

U2, do RL U2 R'L' U twice.

This is basically rotate R and L opposite way (both clockwise), rotate U2, then put them back then U.  Repeat.

Using these combos can rotate any picture cube.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby mersault » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:49 am

Thank you. I tried this and it works...but unfortunately it rotates another center cubie...
mersault

Postby borginator2 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:08 am

Yes it does.  The R and U rotate together.  You have 3 to rotate.   They can be positioned as U R and something else.

If you only had 2, they could be positioned in U and R or U and D, but you have 3.

Make sure you position only a face that needs rotating in U and R positions, or you will mess up another face.  Aim to fix the face on the R, and not worry too much about the orientation needed of the U face or any other for that matter.

2 things will happen.  You will fix U and R or you will fix R only and need to repeat the process again, repositioning the cube so a face that needs fixing is in the R position.

If you have 3 faces to rotate, you'll probably get 2 opposite faces that need rotating and one 'in the middle' (not always - sometimes it's 3 adjacent faces, but mostly you'll get that case).  If you get that setup, don't fix the 'middle' face.  Fix one of the opposite ones first.  That will leave you with either 2 adjacent faces to rotate or one.

Only use the second algorithm if you have either U2 or U2 and D2 needed to fix the cube (doing it twice, once for U2 and once for D2), in the second case.

Hope this helps.
borginator2

Postby mersault » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:04 am

Now I got to position, that all my center cubies are ok, EXCEPT for one, which is 180 degrees wrong.

How to finish it?
mersault

Postby mersault » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 am

Oh, I see you already answerd that...sorry.

It's solved now - what a great feeling:)
mersault

Postby borginator2 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:52 am

Congratulations!
borginator2

Return to Solutions