3x3 corner method

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

3x3 corner method

Postby RubiksBotES » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 pm

hi I can solve a 3x3 using the layer method in less than a minute but I heard that the corner method is faster if anyone has any info on that it would be great thanks
RubiksBotES

Re: 3x3 corner method

Postby ridird » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:54 pm

No Idea about the corner method but this is a variant I use. Solve the cross put it on the bottom, solve a corner and middle piece doesn't have to be F2L but useful when it can be applied. continue doing so then back to layer method for top cross and corners.
ridird

Postby devashish.gautam » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:33 am

basically a corner method is the same as the layer method...in corner method ...all u do is first go for any corner cubelett and solve a 2x2x2 cube which has the three colors represented by the corner cubelett.....keep a face of 2x2x2 cube in front,another on left and the third on bottom and by using the up and right moves....tru to solve 2x2x3 ...then proceed....i can provide details if one needs.....
devashish.gautam

Postby leechiahwa » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:56 am

You can switch 2 corners by using this algorithm:L,U,R',U',L',U,R.
leechiahwa

Postby Zeotor » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:07 am

RubiksBotES wrote:hi I can solve a 3x3 using the layer method in less than a minute but I heard that the corner method is faster if anyone has any info on that it would be great thanks

Here is a link to a "corners first" method - http://rubikscube.info/beginner.php. This solution, like its name suggests, involves solving the corners first and the edges last.

Another link - http://rubikscube.info/waterman/. This method is similar to the other one. It involves solving one layer, then the corners opposite that layer, and finally the remaining edges. On the page this link goes to, a total number of moves for one solve is suggested to be 40-50 turns. If someone used that many turns for a solve, and made two turns per second, that would be a 20-25 second solve.
Zeotor

Postby shantallove » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:49 am

It’s kind of hard to find the proper solution on how to fix your Rubix cube, I started playing the Rubix cube when I was young but I can’t figure out how to solve it. I watched different kinds of strategy but I still don’t get it. Can somebody help me out here, please share the easiest way to solve it.
shantallove

Postby borginator2 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:01 am

That last one needed it's own thread. I've posted my guide. Hope it helps.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Return to Solutions