I'm getting stuck on stage 5 of the 3x3 solving guide

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

I'm getting stuck on stage 5 of the 3x3 solving guide

Postby halehaler » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:51 pm

Here is the link to the bit I'm getting stuck on- http://www.rubiks.com/solving-center/3x3_guide/stage5.php
I can do all the stages up to that stage off by heart and quite fast now. But every time I get to stage 5 the algorithm requires me to have 2 correct corners on the yellow face. But all of my corners are always incorrect due to none of my yellow being on the "UP" face when 2 of them should be.

What can I do about this? I am 100% sure I'm following the instructions word-by-word correctly.
halehaler

Re: I'm getting stuck on stage 5 of the 3x3 solving guide

Postby adunn81 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:49 pm

I am having the same problem. Specify on the Corners. I can get the yellow cross but when doing step two in stage 5, the sequence doesn't seem to work for getting some of my yellow pieces up top! Hope someone has some advice for us!
adunn81

Re: I'm getting stuck on stage 5 of the 3x3 solving guide

Postby Sparrowhawk251 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:10 pm

Once you have done the stage 2 algorithm once, reposition your top face so that there is a yellow corner piece in the bottom left corner, as shown.

Keep doing the algorithm and repositioning until finally all the top face is yellow.

Unfortunately the algorithm almost never works on the first try, so keep repositioning and doing the algorithm. 'm pretty sure that there is no way to predict when it will all be yellow, although it usually works after about 2 - 5 goes.

Hope this helped
Sparrowhawk251

Return to Solutions