Solve by Opposite Sides?

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

Solve by Opposite Sides?

Postby OregonMichelle » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:29 pm

I know there's a bunch of different ways to solve the cube, and I've looked at some of them, but what I'm trying to find is a solution that involves solving two opposite sides first. I remember a friend when I was a teenager working to learn this solution from a book, at the same time I was learning my own solution, also from a book.... yeah, this'll date me but it was before the age of the internet when the cube was new LOL

Any help would be very much appreciated :)
OregonMichelle

Re: Solve by Opposite Sides?

Postby borginator2 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:32 pm

Not 100% sure, but it sounds very similar to the Ortega method for 2x2 cubes. maybe you'll find what you need searching "ortega method 2x2".
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Zeotor » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:52 pm

This solution is online - http://www.alchemistmatt.com/cube/rubikstep1.html. I've read through it before. It has you solve two opposite sides first, then solve the edges in between those two layers last. There's a short summary on another page on that website saying that the solution is based on a booklet by Minh Thai called The Winning Solution.
Zeotor

Postby OregonMichelle » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:09 am

hmm.... I was just thinking it must be the ortega corners first solution..... but now I'm thinking this is actually the one.

thanks Zeotor :)
OregonMichelle

Postby Zeotor » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:00 pm

OregonMichelle wrote:hmm.... I was just thinking it must be the ortega corners first solution..... but now I'm thinking this is actually the one.

thanks Zeotor :)

No problem. :)
Zeotor

Return to Solutions