stuck on stage 5: the yellow cross

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

stuck on stage 5: the yellow cross

Postby polochtwo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:29 am

hi ... dunno what i'm doing wrong but every time when i reach stage 5 i end up with this type of configuration where the last edge of the cross is facing the wrong side ... getting frustrated as all the other steps go very smoothely .... :( :(

heres a image to see what i'm talking about : Image
polochtwo

Re: stuck on stage 5: the yellow cross

Postby Zeotor » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:21 am

I think that your cube has been put together incorrectly at some point. If you take a solved cube and try to put it in the state of the cube in that picture, you won't be able to do it. On the 3x3x3 Rubik's cube, you can't have just one edge piece unsolved. You will have to get the puzzle back to normal to solve it.

To do this, you need take out the edge piece and put it back in so that you have the yellow cross. Turn a layer with the edge in it 45 degrees and then take the edge out. You can see how to do this in the beginning of this video. Once it's out, put it back in so that the yellow cross is made. You should be able to solve the puzzle now.
Zeotor

Postby polochtwo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:50 am

bingo ... was a "funny" prank from a friend who got tired of seeing me trying to figure it out ... good thing i started looking it up as I wouldve probably never found a solution to the cube. I can finaly do it now in little more then 2min ... gonna try and improve on that. Thanks a lot.
polochtwo

Postby Zeotor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:51 pm

No problem.
Zeotor

Return to Solutions