Stuck on 3x3x3 - Final corners

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

Stuck on 3x3x3 - Final corners

Postby novaK » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:15 am

Hey everyone

Just got my first cube and have been following Pogobat's instructional videos on youtube. I've done about 10 solves so far but I just hit a wall on my latest. I'm doing the final (top) layer...i have done the cross, lined the middles up, and now I'm trying to place the final corners with the algorithm: U R Ui Li U Ri Ui L - but it's stuck in a loop of 2 always being correctly placed and 2 always being incorrectly placed (they seem to be opposite each other). I've done said algorithm again and again - starting with a correctly placed corner in the bottom right as pogobat suggests - and also with an incorrect corner in the bottom right to try and mix them back up or something...but it won't correct itself. Any suggestions would be wonderful!
novaK

Re: Stuck on 3x3x3 - Final corners

Postby borginator2 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:28 pm

I've posted this a few times before (in fact with the exception of this bit in bracket, it's a direct cut & paste from a post I made a few days back. Makes you wish people would look at previous answers for hints before posting :roll: )

It's links to my very easy tutorial vids.

2 Parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACmeiOx7Vyc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hXtd-Tllhk
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Re: Stuck on 3x3x3 - Final corners

Postby Zeotor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:53 pm

novaK wrote:it's stuck in a loop of 2 always being correctly placed and 2 always being incorrectly placed (they seem to be opposite each other).

If your cube looks like this:
and the two corners are the only unsolved pieces, here's one way to solve it. Put the two corners in the front part of the top layer. The top layer should look like the picture except the corners are in the front. Now do R Bi Ri Ui Bi U F Ui B U R B Ri Fi; this should solve the cube.

I've never watched pogobat's tutorials on YouTube, so I'm not sure how to solve that situation using U R Ui Li U Ri Ui L. I tried to do it myself and I couldn't get it to work. I did look in the video description of one of pogobat's videos to see the steps to his method. The last two steps are

6. Positioning the Blue Corners
7. Orienting the Blue Corners

I think that you forgot to do the last step.

Hope this helps.
Zeotor

Return to Solutions