Loosen 4x4x4 rubiks cube (ball core)

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

Loosen 4x4x4 rubiks cube (ball core)

Postby kamote09 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:34 am

Can someone help me regarding my rubiks 4x4x4 cube (Ball core) when I first used it; I used petrolium jelly to make it smooth but as time goes by maybe 2-3 months of using. it becomes so loose that it pops out even slight rotation. I think the petrolium jelly somehow shrink the core making the cube so loose. is there any way to fix my problem?

please Help me.

best regards.
kamote09

Re: Loosen 4x4x4 rubiks cube (ball core)

Postby Sharkretriver » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:55 pm

(This is a double post, admin delete previous thread plz)
I had the same problem as you, and since Rubik's brands aren't adjustable I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to tighten it, but try this:
1. Disassemble entire cube
2. In the core I think that there are two small screws, tighten them using a screwdriver
3. Wipe all of the parts down to remove the petroleum jelly (because that's bad for your cube)
4. Reassemble

If it still pops then I have no idea of what to do, maybe buy a Shengshou V3 4x4x4?
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby kamote09 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:03 am

Sharkretriver wrote:(This is a double post, admin delete previous thread plz)
I had the same problem as you, and since Rubik's brands aren't adjustable I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to tighten it, but try this:
1. Disassemble entire cube
2. In the core I think that there are two small screws, tighten them using a screwdriver
3. Wipe all of the parts down to remove the petroleum jelly (because that's bad for your cube)
4. Reassemble

If it still pops then I have no idea of what to do, maybe buy a Shengshou V3 4x4x4?

Thanks for the feedback I already tried it but don't work even the screw tightening. and also the rubiks is dried out no more petrolium jelly but its still so loose. I also suspect the parts hat is attached to the core some is not sturdy maybe ill try to glue it. and also im thinking if the silicone spray can help my problem. Anyways thanks for the post. ^^,
kamote09

Postby skeletonboy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Silicone Spray will make your cube faster and smoother. Make sure it's 100% silicone.

And putting glue into a cube doesn't seem a smart idea....
skeletonboy

Postby borginator2 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:25 pm

kamote09 wrote:...I used petrolium jelly to make it smooth but as time goes by maybe 2-3 months of using. it becomes so loose that it pops out even slight rotation. I think the petrolium jelly somehow shrink the core making the cube so loose. is there any way to fix my problem?

Petroleum jelly doesn't shrink a core. It errodes it. Your core is smaller because it's melted away.

Is there a way to fix it? Buy a new one. Sorry. That's it really. And don't use petroleum jelly or WD40 etc again. Stick to silicone spray, jig-a-loo or a lubricant that actually says it's for cubes, like rubiks, maru or lubix.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Sharkretriver » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:31 am

I've used jig-a-loo on my Rubik's 4x4x4, and it went to the point where it would lock up a lot, but turn fast and pop at the same time. I'd just get a Shengshou v3 XD
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby kamote09 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks for the feedback ^^, appreciated much!
kamote09

Return to Solutions