4x4 manufacturing error?

General discussions and topics

4x4 manufacturing error?

Postby Aragorn » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:50 pm

I recently received my 4x4 Rubik's Revenge through the mail. After about an hour I was able to complete the majority of it, but the corners of the cube had the wrong colors on the wrong sides. Try as I might, I am unable to find any conclusive answer to this issue anywhere on the internet. I have posted an example photograph of this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
webcam-toy-photo1.jpg
The error in question
webcam-toy-photo1.jpg (69.87 KiB) Viewed 616 times
JACE BELEREN
SCULPTING MINDS SINCE 2010
Aragorn

Re: 4x4 manufacturing error?

Postby Zeotor » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:04 am

I don't know why the stickers' layout is different than the current North American layout. Did the 4x4 arrive solved? If so it can be solved again.

One thing that you can do is to switch the red and orange centers, and then solve the puzzle from there. (I say this because the Orange-White-Blue corner is usually Red-White-Blue. The orange and red seem to have been switched.) This link will show you what moves to do. You can use a button on the right to play the animation. (Note: The animation will probably play very quickly. If it does, you can use the "Speed" slider to slow it down.)
Zeotor

Postby Aragorn » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:49 am

Zeotor wrote:I don't know why the stickers' layout is different than the current North American layout. Did the 4x4 arrive solved? If so it can be solved again.

One thing that you can do is to switch the red and orange centers, and then solve the puzzle from there. (I say this because the Orange-White-Blue corner is usually Red-White-Blue. The orange and red seem to have been switched.) This link will show you what moves to do. You can use a button on the right to play the animation. (Note: The animation will probably play very quickly. If it does, you can use the "Speed" slider to slow it down.)

I tried that, and this happened...
Attachments
webcam-toy-photo2.jpg
The result
webcam-toy-photo2.jpg (52.83 KiB) Viewed 512 times
JACE BELEREN
Aragorn

Postby Aragorn » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:19 am

Zeotor wrote:I don't know why the stickers' layout is different than the current North American layout. Did the 4x4 arrive solved? If so it can be solved again.

My mistake, I was just looking at it wrong. Your solution was perfect. Thank you so much!
JACE BELEREN
Aragorn

Postby Zeotor » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:30 pm

No problem.
Zeotor

Return to General Rubik's Discussion