Poorly designed 4x4 Rubik's Cube

General discussions and topics

Re: Poorly designed 4x4 Rubik's Cube

Postby hai2u » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:31 pm

You are new and don't know anything about the rubik's world yet. I've been a member for two years. I suggest you learn your place.
hai2u

Postby KrazyJeff » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Um, I've had a Rubik's 3x3 Cube since 1983, I own a Deluxe 1984 tiled version (I got proof).  I've learned to solve it back in those years, so how many years does that make me? 

Till recently, I've been studying to solve the 4x4 cube, only a matter of days (not even a week) I learned how to solve that also.  Now working on the 5x5 and etc.

How about we do this.  We both have internet, we both know about youtube.com, we both should have a digital camera that records video.  I can solve a 4x4 in less than 5 minutes with a Eastsheen.  How about you with a Rubik's version?  Let's record our videos.. we will first start the video by dedicating the films to each other--so we make sure it's not an old youtube video.  Let's prove each other who is the noob among ourselves.  Wanna go for it?  Or what's the excuse this time?  I'm ready to go anytime....

KrazyJeff

Postby hai2u » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:16 am

HAHAHA 5 minutes. i'm consisently sub-2. the only problem is though, I am actually mising an edge piece on my rubik's 4x4 right now, so I would need to resort to using an ES
hai2u

Postby KrazyJeff » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:15 am

Well at least your reply proves that the original Rubik's cube pieces do pop out.  Why else would it be missing if it didn't?  Right?

I don't mind if you use an Eastsheen, though I have to admit that it would have been better for you to use a Rubik's on your part, since this whole thread was about how poorly the 4x4 Rubik's version is with lockups and pieces pop out compared to a Eastsheen version. 

But regardless either we can wait till you find your missing piece.  Or we can go ahead with the challenge video, this way you knock it off with telling me I am a noob.  Because I strongly believe that being able to solve the 4x4 puzzle within 5 minutes without any finger trickery on my part, would at least prove to you and everyone else, that I ain't no cubist noob.  And at the same time it will prove to everyone else you know your stuff as well.

So what do you want to do?  Wait till you find your missing piece to prove to me that the original Rubik's Cube 4x4 doesn't lock up too much?  Or go ahead with the challenge with an Eastsheen? Your choice.

KrazyJeff

Postby hai2u » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:04 am

1st I would just like to stress once again that faster times do not have much to do with a lack of noobishness

But yea, I'll go ahead with my ES even though it sucks
hai2u

Postby Erno Rubik » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:29 am

Alright.

What are both of your YouTube channels?

I want to see this.

-Erno

It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.
Erno Rubik

Postby hai2u » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:44 am

Well because I don't want you noobs to know who I actually am, I'm gonna make a new account (probably hai2u)

and bcrubiks master, you're an epic noob
hai2u

Postby hai2u » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:50 am

ok noobs, im now

http://www.youtube.com/user/hai2udotcomiscool

post a scramble and ill go ahead and pwn noobs
hai2u

Postby Erno Rubik » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:53 am

Scramble:

Bw2  F  Dw2  Uw'  R'  Lw'  B2  Uw  Fw  F  Uw'  Lw'  D'  Lw'  U'  Lw'  F2  D2  F2  D2  Dw  Bw'  U2  F'  Dw2  R'  D  Bw2  Fw  Uw  Fw2  U2  B2  D'  U2  Fw'  Lw'  Rw'  B'  Lw2

Or that notation too advanced for you?

-Erno

It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.
Erno Rubik

Postby hai2u » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:34 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvYSpSEHRvI

processing noobs

And yea, like that notation is too advanced for me. I want to know where you got that scramble from. Because all forms of Rw and Lw should never be next to eachother noob

But I've scrambled in official competitions many times and your probably handwritten scramble was stupidly done
hai2u

PreviousNext

Return to General Rubik's Discussion