Is my cube ok?

General discussions and topics

Is my cube ok?

Postby razor1982 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:40 pm

Hey there.
I found a cube in old toys and was giving it a try. When I wanted to complete the second layer I noticed that it has edge pieces in: blue/green, orange/red. The pieces red/blue and orange/green are missing.
In my opinion not solvable? Maybe some kid changed the colored stickers...Or am I wrong??
razor1982

Re: Is my cube ok?

Postby borginator » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:45 pm

Could be.  Just have a look at the centres.  Regardless as to whether your cube is genuine or not, there should be 4 edge pieces for each centre colour.  The colours opposite each other won't have a shared edge piece.

Eg. on my cube as with most, white is opposite yellow, so I get white-red, white-blue, white-green and white-orange, but not white-yellow.

If your cube has each pair, it should be solvable (unless someone put a corner in wrong after taking it apart, but you could just pop the cube apart and reassemble it to fix that).

If your cube is indeed made up of parts from several, but it still works, all is not lost.

You can purchase spare sticker sets from here and other sites, or you could spray your cube.
borginator

Postby TomZ » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:42 pm

The cube is solveable. It just has an older layout, so the colours of the faces are arranged differently.
TomZ

Postby johnpaul_custodio2000 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:48 am

if you want it to be ok,
you can buy a new sticker
to look like a new one and
to have a perfect color scheme,
if you don't want to buy sticker
you can reassemble your cube
johnpaul_custodio2000

Postby theflash800 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:35 am

yeah had dis problem with my cube... i took it apart to lube it up and i put it back together... one piece i put back was the wrong way around... so its position was out of sync... (relative to the rest of the cube)
so what i did i solved the cube as far as i could until i had a problem. when i found out which square was out of sync i pulled it out and rotated it until it was in the positon i should have been. the i continued my solve and if i encountered any more problems i would fix it as b4.
eventually my cube was back to normal... and has been ever since

worked for me

hope i helped
theflash800

Return to General Rubik's Discussion