TouchCube - How to Disassemble

General discussions and topics

Re: TouchCube - How to Disassemble

Postby muzicman82 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Great news! Pics would be great. Mine is currently a paper weight, so it couldn't hurt to try repair.
muzicman82

Postby SolitaryWolf » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:03 am

muzicman82 wrote:Great news! Pics would be great. Mine is currently a paper weight, so it couldn't hurt to try repair.

I'll try to get some posted tonight in its current "apart" status. I'll also try to show where those grrr.. pins are located. That is the part that I have not figured out yet how to remove without destroying the pins. I am however confident that I can reseal the cube ""after finding a battery"".

-Seth Williams,
San Francisco, CA USA
Seth Williams,
San Francisco, CA
USA
SolitaryWolf

Postby SolitaryWolf » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:29 pm

I'll post the other pictures later today.
Attachments
IMG_2756x2.jpg
IMG_2756x2.jpg (104.54 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
IMG_2754x2.jpg
IMG_2754x2.jpg (54.7 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
IMG_2753x2.jpg
IMG_2753x2.jpg (96.57 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
Seth Williams,
San Francisco, CA
USA
SolitaryWolf

Postby hastypete » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:21 am

It looks like those are the pins they use to hold watch bands onto watches. Are they spring loaded? Did you have any luck getting it back together and does it work with a new battery?
hastypete

Postby SolitaryWolf » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:55 am

hastypete wrote:It looks like those are the pins they use to hold watch bands onto watches. Are they spring loaded? Did you have any luck getting it back together and does it work with a new battery?

They do look like the pins in a watch band, but they are solid. More like a headless nail. Unfortunately I have not looked for the battery. Life got in the way. I still have it ready as you see it in the pictures ready for me to continue with the reassembly when I get a battery installed. I will continue to post as I have more information available. Hopefully also where to get the battery as well.
Seth Williams,
San Francisco, CA
USA
SolitaryWolf

Postby PATIN » Sun May 19, 2013 8:26 am

[hi
I read your interesting email regarding démotage the Rubik's TouchCube. Have you got it back and does it work?
I just égaleet to buy one and it does not work because the batery is discharged stayed too long and no longer works (The Rubik's works only a few seconds after a full charge).
Thank you for your attention and good day
Christophe
PATIN

Postby JazzyManSerg » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Yesterday receive touch. Battery Death. Why corporate sail them. I was disassembled it. and by 4 AAA acu 850mAh Ni-MH Bossman. Original is 800mah. Connect them.Then deleted 4 pins for close cube? and placed lot of clue. Cube working.
P.S.
After deleted battery, empty cube working without battery :ugeek:
P.S. Its very bad for rubiks reputation using so battery. Why they not charge it from USB ?
JazzyManSerg

Postby borginator2 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:40 pm

That doesn't sound like a genuine Rubik's Touch Cube. Can you post pictures please, including ones of the box. Thanks.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby SolitaryWolf » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:52 pm

I'm still following this discussion, but yet to find a battery for mine. I might try soldering a set and use the same connector pin someday. Will keep you posted.
Seth Williams,
San Francisco, CA
USA
SolitaryWolf

Postby borginator2 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Surely the battery should be a fairly easy find? :? I would have thought it was a bulky pack. Even if it were based on a phone battery, it would still be large....
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

PreviousNext

Return to General Rubik's Discussion