4x4 Rubiks cube HELP!

General discussions and topics

4x4 Rubiks cube HELP!

Postby tonydiep0 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:32 pm

hello guys !

i am new to the rubiks forum and i am sorry if i posted in the wrong section, but this was the only suitable section i could find.

I just bought my 4x4 rubik's cube today, after playing with it in 30 minutes or so, i decided to lubercate it. my last 4x4 got broken because i took the pieces off, so i decided to lubercate it like i did with my 2x2. i rotated the cube so it had a little hole and sprayed it inside with silicone spray.

After that, i rotated it so the silicone got over the whole cube. Now it's very uhhh,.... speedcube-like O_o ...

I have 1 issue. When i rotate the cube via finger tricks\moving the cube quickly, the outer\outermost piece is like falling out. it's not falling out like the WHOLE piece is gone, but i have to continue rotating the cube or just put it back in. i feel that the cube is going to break soon and it's pretty annoying. will this problem fix itself by the time or what?

when i ment the outer\outermost pieces, i ment the red marked ones...

Thanks for all the help <3
tonydiep0

Re: 4x4 Rubiks cube HELP!

Postby borginator2 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Some of the Rubik's brand 4x4s had a popping issue. Some were fine. Some were hard to turn, some spin great. It tends to be very hit & miss. I've got 2 rubiks brand 4x4s (as well as eastsheens, a QJ and a Sheng Shou). All brands have bonuses and penalties.

My Rubik's 4x4 that was storebought is pretty sucky. It jams and pops a lot. The Japanese scheme (Yellow and Blue faces are interchanged) Rubiks 4x4 that I got as a gift is fantastic. It spins great and never pops. I suspect that the second one is a newer mechanism (I heard a rumour that the mech has been improved with a latch to prevent pops, but don't quote me there).

Most cubes have good ones and bad ones. Some are better made than others. With 4x4s its a choice thing. Some swear by the Sheng Shou, some won't touch them. Some love the QJ, others hate them. Me? I like my Sheng Shou, my Japanese scheme Rubiks and my QJ.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Re: 4x4 Rubiks cube HELP!

Postby Sharkretriver » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Well, you lubricated it. Now it's poppy, right?
In my opinion it should be cuz that's what happened to me twice, once to lubricate my rubik's 4x4x4 to give to a friend, and another time to lubricate someone else's rubik's 4x4x4

Also, I use a Dayan+MF8 4x4x4, very poppy. Others use a Maru, very locky. Others use an X-cube, very expensive...
Shengshou v3 seems to be best right now.
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Return to General Rubik's Discussion