Lube

General discussions and topics

Lube

Postby skeletonboy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:49 am

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask a question, which lube should I use for a speedcube? Like I just wanted to see a comparison between some popular lubes like Maru lube, Jigaloo, other silicone spray or some other infamous but decent lube. Any recommendations of what lube I should get?

Oh yes, and excuse all the expensive ones. By expensive I mean like over $7 USD/CND
skeletonboy

Re: Lube

Postby winston61 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:20 pm

I've used silicone spray, silicone grease and finally Lubix(silicone fluid). I have to say that Lubix has been best for me. Packaging, ease of use, performance are what sold me.
winston61

Postby Sharkretriver » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Lubix is known to be awesome, but does anyone have Maru Lube AND Lubix? Is so, then which one's better? (if you have to, each one's strong points)
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby skeletonboy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:00 am

A person named something like "Zacharayx" on the Speedcube forum has a video on Lubix and minimally compares it to maru lube.

I know that Maru lube tends to dry out quickly, doesn't have a good container unlike Lubix which is in a easy-to-apply-syringe. Maru lube is liquid which can get messy when applying it.
I have heard of people saying that Maru lube can do little to no effect on your cube while as every cuber that I know of enjoys Lubix.

Lubix is high viscosity silicone, lasts very long, producer of Lubix said that it can last in a well lubed cube for 6 months. Lubix is in a nice syringe container. Very little is often enough for a cube, many people accidentally over lube with lubix. Lubix is very expensive for those who don't spend hundreds of dollars a month.

Good thing though, is that people have found many variables around Lubix which works the same IF NOT better, and this includes Differential Oil, Help Lube and many other anonymous small lube producers. I've even heard of a lube called "Bubaloo lube" but I have no information on that though.
skeletonboy

Postby skeletonboy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:03 am

And I went with Jig-a-loo, it worked fine but I actually kinda regret it because I should've just got Differential oil. Diff oil acts the same as Lubix and I think arguably that Lubix should work better overall than Jig-a-loo. Too bad this info got to me a little too late. But it's OK.
skeletonboy

Return to General Rubik's Discussion