Confirmation of Professional Rubik Cube

General discussions and topics

Confirmation of Professional Rubik Cube

Postby Hoke » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:38 am

Hello,

I would like to confirm that 3x3x3 rubik cube (Costing $11.99) available in Rubiks.com "Store" is professional one?? :?: I want to buy professional cube so please suggest me from where I will get it. :D

Thanks & Regards,
Harshal
Hoke

Re: Confirmation of Professional Rubik Cube

Postby Sharkretriver » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:59 pm

The best way to get pro cubes is online. If you live in America then use cubedepotusa.com.
A pro cube would be the Dayan Zhanchi, which is a 3x3x3 NOT made by Rubik's. It may be a few dollars more expensive, but in my opinion it's worth it.
Actually, I think it depends on time, so what's your time around, on average? ^_^
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby skeletonboy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:21 am

It can vary a whole lot when it comes to buying a new cube.

I mean, there are many preferences. Some people say that their modded, burnt, scrapped, broken in, lubed, re-stickered Rubiks cube can be as good as their Ling Yun, while there are some people who just simply say "ZHANCHI FTW period"

The cubes you get from the Rubiks Brand company are usually not that good, they are not smooth but not fast either, they have a huge amount of friction, the mechanism in it is not like a speedcube where a speedcube would have screws, springs and other mechanism like Dayan Torpedo's. But to be honest those speedcube mechanism is not needed when you're starting out, although of course it would be favored. I mean like, who doesn't like a fast smooth unpopable cube? But it is otherwise unnecessary if you're new to this.
Maybe a good lubricant or even some mods on a rubiks brand cube will do for now.

So, you say professional. Pro cube=good cube=smooth, fast (not too fast, but it can be changed) and has the ability to maybe cut some corners and do some "pro" features.

You would only get this type of cube online, UNLESS, of course, you are near some cube retailer shop. If you happen to be near a "pro" cube shop, you might wanna buy from there if they have you wanted cube because you don't need to pay shipping and often "in-store" products are cheaper than "online" products.
PROOF: It is said to be 14 bucks in the "China-magic-cube.com" but when my parents got their to buy it for me, it costed 10 dollars. 4 buck difference. 0.o

If you are not near a cube shop, then there are many websites to choose from. Take a look here: http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showt ... Thread-New
skeletonboy

Postby Zeotor » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:58 am

skeletonboy wrote:The cubes you get from the Rubiks Brand company are usually not that good, they are not smooth but not fast either, they have a huge amount of friction, the mechanism in it is not like a speedcube where a speedcube would have screws, springs and other mechanism like Dayan Torpedo's.

There are Rubik's brand 3x3s with screws and springs. They can be purchased online, such as in the "Store" section of this website. :)
Zeotor

Postby skeletonboy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:43 am

Ah, yes the Assembly kit. Forgot that.
skeletonboy

Postby Hoke » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Sharkretriver wrote:The best way to get pro cubes is online. If you live in America then use cubedepotusa.com.
A pro cube would be the Dayan Zhanchi, which is a 3x3x3 NOT made by Rubik's. It may be a few dollars more expensive, but in my opinion it's worth it.
Actually, I think it depends on time, so what's your time around, on average? ^_^

Thanks for your reply... Actually I am base in India and I m nt getting good cube here.. My avg time is 3-3.15 min ( which is poor) but still I want to have one professional one so that I can improve my speed..

I will try on cubedepotsua.com if they r delivering to India than it will be good.. :D
Hoke

Postby Sharkretriver » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Hoke wrote: My avg time is 3-3.15 min ( which is poor) but still I want to have one professional one so that I can improve my speed

Well at that speed what I would do is just work on fingertricks and lookahead.
Fingertricks: Don't turn layers with your whole hand, but flick the layers with your fingers, for example you can turn the U layer using your index finger
Lookahead: While doing an algorithm find the next piece that you could use, so that you don't pause in between
And don't forget to practise a lot. Do at least 10 solves a day :D

You can also search those terms on google for more clarification.
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Return to General Rubik's Discussion