Blindsolve memorization

General discussions and topics

Blindsolve memorization

Postby littlekidj » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:34 am

Hi guys
I have recently started trying to learn to solve blind but have hit an issue. My method of memorising is a bit of a mish mash. i associate each color with a number then assign each number a thing. i then make a story with these things using the walthrough location method but i still find it hard . in your opinion what is the easiest way to memorize?

cheers connor
littlekidj

Re: Blindsolve memorization

Postby Zeotor » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:50 pm

It might depend on what method you use. Zane Carney made a video tutorial for the method Classic Pochmann. Starting at 32:47, he mentions a "very easy" way to memorize the edges. I think it involves assigning each edge target with an image, placing each image in a location along a route, and then going along that route mentally while solving. You should check out that video and it's description for more information. Also, there is a URL in the video description that lists other memory methods.

I hope this helps.
Zeotor

Postby Sharkretriver » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:17 pm

I hardly cube anymore, but I tried to use 3OP/M2. My memorization method for 3OP was A through H, and for M2 was A through Y or something (never got to it) http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/Speffz <-my plan for the edges.
I also tried using the story method, but for the corners i tried linking all the words without adding any extra. I always started on A, so eg. A E C (An excellent corner) I just memorized in cycles, so eg. (A C E G)(B D)(H F)
Now for the edges i would use the story method and memorize 4 letters at once.
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby littlekidj » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:33 am

thanks guys
i got a method sorted with a vid on youtube but i lost the link but yeah i have a letter for every edge and corner and just memo sentences with four words like (flpj) i remember as frank lets people jump or something . i have just tonight got a succesful blindsolve and am now wondering how to more effectively memo for more cubes. thanks
littlekidj

Return to General Rubik's Discussion