custom graphic cube problem

General discussions and topics

custom graphic cube problem

Postby Syth » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:40 am

A while ago I learned how to solve a Rubik's Cube by memorizing and utilizing the algorithms on this webpage:
http://www.chessandpoker.com/rubiks-cube-solution.html
Recently I tried solving a friend's cube that was the same as a normal Rubik's Cube except that it had custom graphics instead of the classic colors. This was simple enough to solve, except for one thing. The center tiles on some sides were not rotated correctly after I solved it.
This cube had this configuration, with only 2 sides incorrect:
Sorry about the mspaint appearance, but it's easier to see the wrong squares here than on the real cube.
As you can see here, the center red is rotated 180 degrees and the green center is rotated 90 degrees to the right.
I was wondering, is there an algorithm that can be used to rotate one center and nothing else? Or maybe an algorithm that can rotate 2 centers and nothing else? Preferably show it in the same kind of organization as the website I provided above.
Syth

Re: custom graphic cube problem

Postby borginator2 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:49 pm

This has been covered by this thread earlier. Can I suggest that you consult the Solutions board before asking for solution help. You'd be amazed what you find there! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5149
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Return to General Rubik's Discussion