rubiks cube solve - need feedback !

General discussions and topics

rubiks cube solve - need feedback !

Postby tonydiep0 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Hello :)
haven't solved a 3x3 in a year, any feedback at this and how to get faster, much appreciated,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeAfJ0Z2Xeg

thanks !
tonydiep0

Re: rubiks cube solve - need feedback !

Postby borginator2 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Good solve. There are videos in the solutions forum to help you speed up. Only bad point - I've gone off Linkin Park. :lol:
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby tonydiep0 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:43 pm

borginator2 wrote:Good solve. There are videos in the solutions forum to help you speed up. Only bad point - I've gone off Linkin Park. :lol:

haha same, but that was a reupload, :P didn't feel like changing song and so on.

Thanks !
tonydiep0

Postby tonydiep0 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:37 pm

sorry for double post,
just broke my record thanks to useful tips on the forums !~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiwQ7hN5loA
tonydiep0

Postby Zeotor » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:36 pm

tonydiep0 wrote:just broke my record thanks to useful tips on the forums !~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiwQ7hN5loA

Here are some suggestions that I have.

-Slow down some so that you don't have to pause to find pieces.

-When you are solving one piece, look for another piece to solve. For example, say that you are solving an edge in the second layer. You can probably do that without looking because you've done it so many times. So, don't look at it. While you're solving the edge, look for a piece that you can solve next. Combining this with slowing down can help a lot.

-You don't need to turn the top layer more than two times to figure out a specific last layer case. Try to recognize the pattern without unnecessary turns.

Lastly, it looked like you were using a layer-by-layer method. There is a method similar to layer-by-layer methods, but has greater potential for faster times. It is called CFOP (some people call it the Fridrich method). You can find tutorials for it on YouTube as well as in the "Solutions" sub-forum (as borginator2 mentioned). You can also find non-video guides on the Internet. This post can help guide you through the method and advises when to learn what.

If you are already using this method, then here's another suggestion: solve the cross on the bottom. You won't have to rotate the cube to do the last layer. Also, if you pre-plan your cross well enough, it can be easier to look ahead at what to solve next.
Zeotor

Postby servi » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:44 pm

Haha, you are definitely faster than me, with some practice you will get better.

Good luck
servi

Return to General Rubik's Discussion