New Prunes

Let us know what you think of Rubiks.com

New Prunes

Postby borginator2 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:23 am

We've had a spate recently of accounts being opened, no posts made, then they get abandoned.

It happens. People join then forget or can't be bothered to return. I know. I've done it myself from time to time.

But when 95% of them have shown history of dodginess, even if clean now, and all seem to be coming out of one non-english speaking country, flags start to go up. We've had a history of spammers creating accounts, leaving them for a year or more, then flooding us with spam after spam after spam.

So I had a prune again. I've only got rid of accounts who joined over a month ago, who have never posted AND haven't visited in the last month.

I'm sorry if you find you have lost a legit account. But I'm willing to bet if you fit the criteria above, and were a genuine cube fan, you probably weren't that bothered about the account to start with. :lol:

Plus, you can always join again since I didn't ban you. And you haven't lost any posts. :D
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Re: New Prunes

Postby sandeep.ebenson » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:53 am

hello i am a new member of rubiks.com . can you tell me what is the best cude for beginners .
sandeep.ebenson

Postby Zeotor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:01 am

sandeep.ebenson wrote:can you tell me what is the best cude for beginners .

The ShengShou Aurora and DaYan GuHong version two are good options. The cubes are easier to turn than a store-bought Rubik's brand cube. They are also easier to turn quickly.

The ShengShou Aurora costs less. It can have pieces pop out if it is not tight enough; it is not a big problem though. The turning feeling is very smooth. The DaYan GuHong version two costs more. It doesn't really have any problems. The turning feeling is smooth, though you can feel the pieces move over each other a little bit.
Zeotor

Postby borginator2 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:33 am

Zeotor wrote:The DaYan GuHong version two costs more. It doesn't really have any problems. The turning feeling is smooth, though you can feel the pieces move over each other a little bit.

I use the Guhong v2, with cubesmith textured times as my main speedcube.
borginator2

Postby borginator2 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Just a quick update. Just done the same pruning again. Sorry if you lost your account, but if you have, you hadn't looked at it this month and you've never posted. Perhaps a new account is for you... :lol:

****edit**** I'm going to be doing this every few weeks. This should prevent anyone from hiding spam accounts in forgotton realms. ;)
borginator2

Return to Website feedback, comments & bugs