2x2x2 Rubiks Cube

Let us know what you think of Rubiks.com

2x2x2 Rubiks Cube

Postby sickbro » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:28 pm

I have received a 2x2x2 Rubik's cube from Toys R Us. I got one it fell to pieces within about 10 minutes, it was super stiff. I got it returned and a new one with same results, I didn't break it though, it's just as if you can't turn it. I have purchased a Rubik's cube from Zellers 3x3x3 a while ago and it is great. I'm not sure if this cube isn't even meant to be solved or if it's just not that good of quality. any suggestions on where to get a better one?
sickbro

Re: 2x2x2 Rubiks Cube

Postby borginator2 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:18 am

Sorry to say this, but its that they're not great quality.

I know, site admin shouldn't moan about rubik's products, but the fact is that the original 2x2 and ice cube have very poor turning quality. However, the cube exploding isn't normal. I've had it happen only once. That was a storebought 3x3 that I got from Argos. They swapped it straight away.

Most people I know use Lan Lan, Ghost Hand or V-Cube 2x2s. There are others out there and I heard an unconfirmed rumour of a new mech Rubiks 2x2 that sorts out the turning problem.

Please don't ask me for links to where you can buy the other branded puzzles. My admin leash only goes so far. I'm sure google is your friend here.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Zeotor » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:14 pm

borginator2 wrote:There are others out there and I heard an unconfirmed rumour of a new mech Rubiks 2x2 that sorts out the turning problem.

Rubik's has recently released a new 2x2x2. It has a different mechanism than the older Rubik's 2x2s. Check out this video by redKB for more information about the puzzle. You can see a brief comparison with the older one at 1:30 to 2:00. The new cube is in the Rubik's Store here.
Zeotor

Postby borginator2 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks Zeotor. My last cube I got from here was the Void. I wasn't aware of the new mech 2x2 except in rumour. At least it proves I'm not staff masquerading as a cuber! :lol:
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Return to Website feedback, comments & bugs