So after much hard work (and procrastination), we in Austin finally
got our act together and are going to host a competition. It will take
place at the University of Texas at Austin on August 30, 2008 (Labor
Day Weekend). All the information is available at
So you may be wondering to myself, 'Hey, why would I want to come to
Austin for a competition?' Well, here are a few reasons:
1. You go to UT Austin and want to meet and compete against other speedcubers.
2. You like speedcubing and want to support us.
3. You live in Texas and want to compete in a speedcubing competition.
4. You like speedcubing and want to support us.
5. You don't live in Texas, but would like to travel to Austin and
experience the greatness of the town (if you're over 21, 6th street is
a great hangout :))
6. Did I mention that you like speedcubing and want to support us?
Since UT Austin is a huge university, there's a lot of potential for a
good crowd. Plus, it would be a great way for us in Texas to have a
competition (it's been a while since there's been a big one in Texas).
As of right now, it's still unofficial, but if a WCA delegate would
like to come *hint hint* it would be awesome.
So if you're interested, please register and come to our competition!
And if you have any questions/suggestions, please shoot me an email at