4x4 instructions

Older threads and posts

4x4 instructions

Postby shiffy1221 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:21 am

Does anyone have the instructions that came in the box with the 4x4 rubik's revenge? Does anyone mind posting them on the forum?
shiffy1221

Re: 4x4 instructions

Postby borginator2 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:32 am

I'm sure there's a link on here somewhere....

If you are wanting to learn from them, I wouldn't bother.  They are about the worst walk throughs I have ever seen for any cube.

Dan Brown aka Pogobat has done a few.

Here's the first of mine (3 parts in all, links to the others in the info).

If it's purely so you own a copy, you might have to hunt out the link.  I'd start by looking at my posts, as I'm sure I made a comment on it.  That should get you to the link, although it may take a while (why I'm not looking for it myself!)

Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby shiffy1221 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:34 am

I want to know how people solve it differently.
shiffy1221

Postby borginator2 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:58 am

Well done.  I found them jibberish, but I guess not everybody does!
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby shiffy1221 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:01 am

Have you found the link, I have not been able to find it, and I don't think it's here.
shiffy1221

Postby Ignorancepersonified » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:50 am

I have them and I can post them for you, but I strongly consider instead you watch this and relearn a different way. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NORB3SfNTXI

I learned how to solve my 4x4x4 Revenge using that little instruction booklet that came with my cube, and it normally took me around half an hour at first and 20 minutes or so once I got it down better and got quicker.  Using this way you can easily get your time under 15 minutes and later 10.  Plus, it will directly transfer to bigger cubes, if you learn the stuff shown here, you will only need one more additional alogrithm to solve any cube bigger than a 4x4x4.  So consider giving this a try and relearning a better way to solve the 4x4x4.  If instead, you still just want the stuff from the little instruction booklet, I will post the directions down for you, if I am not too lazy.

Ignorancepersonified

Postby shiffy1221 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:00 pm

Would you mind typing in the directions from the booklet for aligning the middle edges? That would be great!
shiffy1221

Postby Ignorancepersonified » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:07 pm

Ok, in spite of being lazy I will post it for you.  The first one is to swap to edge pieces, in case they line up wrong.  In the booklet that is called the mid swapper and it goes like this:

You put the two edge pieces you want to swap so they are where the left side meets the front face.  Then you do this algorithm:

F2  d'  F2  d2  F2  d  F2

' = counterclockwise

F=face

d=3rd layer from top, or if you prefer 2nd layer from the bottom

This one was the one called the mid shuttle in the booklet.  If you already have everything positioned correctly and merely want to move either the mid top or the mid bottom edge pieces then this algorithm will move 3 and leave one, so align one so it is where you want it and then turn the cube so that that one is on the mid bottom layer, and on the back side, on the left side of the cube but would be on the right side of the cube if you turned it around and were directly facing the back side.   Use this to move the other three until they get where you want them:

B  D2  L  D'  L'  d'  L  D  L'  d  D2  B'

B=back

D=bottom

L=left

d=mid bottom

If all that is too hard to follow, maybe this will be clearer:

Mid swapper:

front 180 degrees, mid bottom counter clock wise, front 180 degrees, mid bottom 180 degrees, front 180 degrees, mid bottom clock wise, front 180 degrees

Mid shuttle:

back clock wise, bottom 180 degrees, left clock wise, bottom counter clock wise, left counter clock wise, mid bottom counter clock wise, left clock wise, bottom clock wise, left counter clock wise, mid bottom clock wise, bottom 180 degrees, back counter clock wise

Hope that helps.  I really prefer the way shown in the link I posted earlier, it is much more fun, simple, and applicable to other cubes.

Ignorancepersonified

Postby sylvan.brskach09 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:25 am

they have them on the rubik's academy,   http://www.speedcubing.com/chris/4-solution.html
sylvan.brskach09

Postby rubikskater » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:13 pm

yeah i need those too. im stuck on the edge peices.      :@
rubikskater

Next

Return to Rubik's Forum Archive