UNDER 2 MINUTES???

Older threads and posts

Re: UNDER 2 MINUTES???

Postby KA1BER » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:24 pm

I'm 14 from England and I can do the cube in 33 secs

Ive been doing it for 2 months straight

I use F2l method and use the begginers top layer solve

I'm learning OLL and PLL at the moment

Hopefully I will See some of you guys Under my ranks =)

KA1BER

Postby jc-berger » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:35 pm

did you use layer by layer when you started???

jc-berger

Postby KA1BER » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:03 am

Yep, lol

KA1BER

Postby Rubik Master » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:23 pm

how long d'you do lbl before switching
Rubik Master

Postby HORK » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:09 pm

I'm ruined. I was doing the lbl method but it was taking me over two minutes (I am not using a speed cube or lubing it yet). Then I watched pogobat's video and liked his method and am trying it now but...it seems longer in some palces and shorter in others. I don't know if I like it yet or not. My time now is over two minutes with it because I am still trying to get the lbl out of my fingers. I keep mixing the two, especially when someone walks up to me and says, 'Haven't you figured that thing out yet? It's been around since what, the 80's?' As if I can't solve it at all.
HORK

Postby HORK » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:14 pm

I think runnerban was asking RubikMaster why he called himself that. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the administrater for the Rubik's Forums was faster than any of us.
HORK

Postby KA1BER » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:31 pm

I did lbl till I couldn't get my time any faster ,

needed some other method and F2L was highly praised,

KA1BER

Postby westhamwonder » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:51 pm

Hi,

I've only just joined but I've been doing the Rubix's Cube for around a year now (on and off) using the layer by layer method that I learnt from Dan Brown (Pogobat) on Youtube. I just checked my time and I can do it in around 1 minute 30 seconds, without my cube being lubricated. I am a bit rusty, I think my quickest time was just over a minute but I average anything from 1 to 2 minutes usually, although now I make less mistakes. What I think lets me down the most is time wasting with hand movements but I cannot flick very well with just my fingers.

westhamwonder

Postby MawcDrums » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:22 am

I've been cubing for a little less than a month, and I can solve it in about 1:15 on average now using the layer by layer / keyhole method.

I've lubed my cube using a silicone spray, its fast now but it smells really bad... anyone have any reccomendations for future lube so that it wont stink as much?

MawcDrums

Postby zolodon » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:01 am

I also use full hand movements instead of finger flicks (currently), but even then I can typically average around 1:15 on a well used (not lubed) cube.  I really need to try learning some finger tricks and lubing the cube to see if that helps.  I've also been experimenting with F2L, but I've not yet found a good intuitive site to reference...so that's a slow process for me.  Anyone have any good links I can reference?

Does anyone else here that solves in under two minutes LBL do so from the top down throughout the entire process?  I've seen many sites refer this to a noob approach, but it helps me keep things visually straight and doesn't appear to slow me down too much (at least that I can tell).  I also don't solve the cross first...but the corners.

zolodon

PreviousNext

Return to Rubik's Forum Archive