hey this might work now i just have 2 relocate 1 of my cubes[:D]
ICEYBATS

Re: other ways to solve the cube

Postby X_DIAS » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:43 pm

[quote user='ICEYBATS'][quote user='X_DIAS']

What 'problems' do you have??

in what step??

[/quote]

well xdiais  4 the whole thing other than the simple cross part and my cube is differnt it not blue across from green its blue across yellow

[/quote]

so???????

i learned to solve the cube with an old woderful puzzler cube

the colrs are white-blue, yellow-green and red-orange

X_DIAS

Postby upgrade » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:44 am

[quote user='ICEYBATS']

well my problem is that i really don't have the time to work on it 4 long [:(] infact i can only work on it 4 5 mins. and i have i hard time understanding the proper concept

[:'(]

[/quote]

-try to just practice each step until you have it memorized to the point that you dont have to think what the alg. is you just perform it from memory

-for instance if you are doing the LBL method practice putting in the middle edges and not worry about the LL for now get the edges down.

-or you can go for a different method. Fridrich F2L can be done intuitavly. you can watch videos of it to get the idea of how it is done

upgrade

Postby Rubik Master » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:59 am

[quote user='blkhwk91b']Icy, If you want to take a stab at the Petrus method, here is my beginner's tutorial.

Beginner's Tutorial

Also the condensed version here

Condensed

A lot of it is intuitive solving with minimum algorithms.

Just another option, Good Luck!
[/quote]

the tutorial is pretty good!
Rubik Master

Postby HORK » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:39 pm

Thank you for the link, I had viewed your video earlier and couldn't remember where it was. You said on it that it is not exactly the Petrus. Was that in reference to the last layer only, or are there differences before the last layer? By the way, they are a very nice set of instructions!

Perhaps you can enlighten me on something. When at the last step and all four edge pieces need moving, is there one set of moves that moves them all? I think there should be but I haven't been able to come up with it yet. Would that fall under the edvanced versions? If so, where can I find it?

One more thing: during the second layer when the yellow/ green and the yellow/blue edge pieces are being positioned, I noticed that if you can have both of them across from each other (ie: the yellow/greem on the top center right position and the yellow/blue piece on the bottom right center position at the same time, then when you put the yellow/green piece in its proper place the other edge piece goes where it belongs at the same time!

HORK

Postby westhamwonder » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:01 pm

If you are having trouble, you can be my ginea pig if you don't mind. I have done write ups for the 4x4x4 solve and the 3x3x3 solve, which you can use. Tell me what you think, it has the helpful hits which can be used for anyone from beginner to master (might be stretching it a bit). I think that they are on my thread 4x4x4 rubik's cube revenge, but i will check!!!
westhamwonder

Postby westhamwonder » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:04 pm

Yep I checked the thread and it is 4x4x4 Rubik's Revenge, check it out, use my writer up (which can accompany dan brown's videos)
westhamwonder

Postby HORK » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:05 am

[quote user='ICEYBATS']

well my problem is that i really don't have the time to work on it 4 long [:(] infact i can only work on it 4 5 mins. and i have i hard time understanding the proper concept

[:'(]

[/quote]

Here's an intuitive series of videos you can watch in sections, and when one is down pat, watch the next one. When you have all nine steps down you won't be burdened with alot of algorithms, just a smooth way to intuitively solve the cube. I highly reccommend this method as it reduced my solving time by a third over LBL!   http://www.rubiks.com/Home/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=7572

HORK

Postby ICEYBATS » Thu May 07, 2009 11:07 am

hey thamks for the help but i diecided to use this one here  https://www.rubiks.com/World/~/media/Files/Solution_book_LOW_RES.ashx
ICEYBATS

Postby sagrsccr » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:56 am

try using badmephisto's tutorial on youtube.
sagrsccr

Previous

Return to Rubik's Forum Archive