Help, Darth Maul Rubik came apart

General discussions and topics

Help, Darth Maul Rubik came apart

Postby morwin » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 pm

My sons Darth Maul Rubiks cube broke apart while his friend was playing with it. I have tried far to long with little success in getting back together. Because it is a 2x2 it does not have the ease or assembly that a 3x3 has. Does anybody have any ideas or previous success.
morwin

Re: Help, Darth Maul Rubik came apart

Postby superrubikscuber » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:21 pm

go to youtube.com and search 'how to disassemble and reassemble a 2x2 rubiks cube.Hope that helps!
superrubikscuber

Re: Help, Darth Maul Rubik came apart

Postby someguy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:13 pm

Mine came apart too and i figured out how to get it back together. If you're still interested, here's how it went down.

Put all the pieces in separate piles
Start with the piece that has the middle attached to it (top right face)
Put a quarter circle spacer between the two sides that dont line up to the plastic attached to the starting piece and slide into place
Repeat this until all the pieces are attached using the spacers except for the front top left face piece.
We leave this piece for last because of a slightly smaller piece of plastic on the starting piece on the side we need to attach the final piece making it easier to force into place.
There should be one spacer remaining with the rest of the cube intact.
Slide the piece with the spacer into position on the bottom and back slider and the middle slider (between front top face pieces) will make contact.
Pull the final piece away from the starting piece while pushing the two together.
Pulling flexes the plastic just enough to slide over the slightly smaller nub.

10 minutes for total reassembly.
Hope this helps.
someguy

Return to General Rubik's Discussion