ONLINE COMPETITIONS ON THE RUBIK'S SITE

Comments for the previous Rubik's website

ONLINE COMPETITIONS ON THE RUBIK'S SITE

Postby chrisrocks » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:03 pm

Who thinks it would be awesome if the rubik's site had online competions where they had a timer or something to time you and not lie about your times but they could have differen't sections for cubers on differen't levels and they coould have a deadline on time submitions and then select winners and stuff. Just post to this if you like the idea and submit all your ideas for the online compeititions. It's for those of us who can't go to real competitions.
chrisrocks

Re: ONLINE COMPETITIONS ON THE RUBIK'S SITE

Postby Santas Hyper Elves » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:34 pm

I like the idea, but some 'noobs' might lie on their times to make themselves feel 'special' or just to mess up all the people who actually work hard to get good at speedcubing. The only real way to make sure this doesn't happen would be to use webcams but then not everybody has one and not everyone's parents would let them get one. Then of course you could use a pre-filmed solve and put it up for the competition, only putting your best. Then there's all the criteria that competitions have that people could cheat on without anyone knowing like the mix on their cube or other things like this. The idea is really cool, but it'd just be too hard to do. I am not against the idea, I'm just saying that it would be an extremely hard task to make sure that the competition isn't flawed, you know what I mean?

Santas Hyper Elves

Postby borginator2 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Youtube is always having cubing competitions!

Here's my latest:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JFP47ZUi9k

Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby chrisrocks » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:29 am

I have thought about all these things and i'm not the one who will be designing it i just had the idea but if they figured out a good way to do all this with no cheating would you think it would be cool?
chrisrocks

Postby chrisrocks » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:32 am

RUBIK'S WEBSITE PLEASE DO THIS!!!
chrisrocks

Postby Santas Hyper Elves » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:21 am

If there was a way to make it no cheating, then sure it could be cool. By the way good job Chris for giving a really complicated idea to rubiks and saying, 'I'm not going to design it, you go ahead and do it yourself rubiks'. Lol! But ya, if rubiks wanted to do it, then cool, I'd sign up for it.

Santas Hyper Elves

Postby borginator2 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:00 am

They won't, though.  They can't even be bothered to monitor these forums, so they'll never see the idea.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby chrisrocks » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:44 am

if they could do the html then i would be happy to disign it but i'm only a fourteen year old kid and can't do the html or whatever you do to actually put it on the website and i'm sure i could think of something to prevent cheating, it would just take some brainstorming . Also submit your ideas for the idea and maybe we can actually get something going. I realize that they don't have to look at this forum but if we got enogh people going on this idea than maybe they would notice. Don't be negative about the idea i mean why would they have a 'rubik's site wish list' section in the forum if they don't look at it, just think about it and try and help with your ideas. Tell your friends about and get them in on the forum and maybe if we get enough posts to it then maybe they will look at it. If you help thanks for it. Please tell your friends!!!
chrisrocks

Postby chrisrocks » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 am

if could get some help on this with brainstorming that would be great but i will be tthinking hard on it
chrisrocks

Postby chrisrocks » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:52 am

ok i'm still not sure how to prevent cheating but they would have sections for people on differen't levels> They could have a 5-20 second average group, A 20-30 second average and, well you get the idea. I will be posting several ideas over the next days and weeks. Please tell your friends!!!
chrisrocks

Next

Return to Archived thread for old site