Rubik's Cubes with NO stickers ??? Is this possible ???

Comments for the previous Rubik's website

Re: Rubik's Cubes with NO stickers ??? Is this possible ???

Postby ENCuber » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:22 pm

OK, I just read the whole topic, to clear some things up for you people who have been talking about this for over 1 year, (i encourage everybody to read the whole topic, it can be quite amusing in places) but guys, Dian Shengs are spray painted!!! the paint is really smooth but it wears off with a lot of use. and personally, paint is annoying because if you are doing a rubik's cube modification, like a half truncated cube. you have to get the paint off, and the only way to do that is to sand it 3 times with different grit sandpaper.  but if you want to buy these they are on www.popbuying.com 
ENCuber

Postby mbs194 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:37 pm

So it is possible!
mbs194

Postby rubixcuber » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:43 am

yup! end of story -_-
rubixcuber

Postby mbs194 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:32 am

Finally!
mbs194

Postby 9244tony » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:52 am

Sweet
9244tony

Postby rubixcuber » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:59 pm

however, they say the diansheng spray paints chip off a little...
rubixcuber

Postby ISolveMyOwnCubes » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 pm

You know those cubes at the dollarstore, get some. I know the cubes are horrible. The plastic tiles are the only thing worth anything at all on the whole cube. When you buy one, take a flat head screwdriver and pop off each of the little plastic tiles. Lift a corner first and slowly slide the screwdriver under until the tile comes off. Be careful, too quick and the tile will snap. You might want to get two cubes just in case some tiles break, i mean they're only a dollar. Once you've taken all of them off, buy some krazy glue (or other of choice although I recommend krazy glue) and glue each tile onto a rubiks bran cube after you've taken all the stickers off of that one. Put a little dot of glue on each corner of the tile before you put it on and press a few seconds. These tiles last almost forever! If they break off, you just reglue them with the rest of the krazy glue. They're water proof and don't peel. Of course they don't last forever, but they'll last as long as your cube does, cuz eventually a cube will loosen its core and start to be bad, but the tiles will still be on. Try it, it'll definetly help with your sticker problems, you shouldn't have any more complaints.
SHOUTOUT TO RUBIKS COMPANY: MAKE CUBES WITH PLASTIC TILES, WHICH IS BETTER THAN PAINT BECAUSE IT WON'T CHIP OR SCRATCH OFF!!!
ISolveMyOwnCubes

Postby rubixcuber » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:08 pm

nah... they should sell the tiles, but not sell them on the cubes. i hate tiles.

rubixcuber

Postby TJHammer575 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:48 am

I like the idea of coloured plastic like the V-cube Dazzler! no stickers or paint [y]
TJHammer575

Postby Kabuthunk » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:09 pm

I'm mildly surprised that nobody (or at least that I've seen) has taken a stickerless, regular Rubik's Cube, get a tray or plate with a very thin layer of paint in it, and then lay one side of the cube down in it.  Once one side dries (hanging it up to dry or something), repeat using the rest of the colours.  I'd think it would be fairly simple to pull off.  If you rough up the sides, the paint should adhere fairly well to the plastic.

Although, I suppose there'd have to be a fair amount of testing to see which paints/etc would work best to avoid flaking or chipping.  Or if using a white plastic cube, I imagine there might be a way to dye the plastic on each side.

But in regards to gluing the tiles from the dollar store cubes onto a regular one, I'd probably avoid that.  If the dollar store cubes are the ones I'm thinking of, it's a bit smaller than a regular cube, so the tiles would be smaller still since they're not the exact size of the cubie itself on the dollar-store one to begin with.  What I'd rather do if I were so inclined to do this, is go to a craft store and get some thin, plastic, coloured sheets.  Cutting those into the right size squares and gluing them on would I imagine work a lot better and feel a bit more natural.
Kabuthunk

PreviousNext

Return to Archived thread for old site