Unable to change my profile or password - website bug

Let us know what you think of Rubiks.com

Unable to change my profile or password - website bug

Postby Kabuthunk » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:05 pm

Don't know if anyone else is having this problem. So obviously, Rubiks.com has migrated everyone's accounts, and forced everyone to reset their passwords. Fine, good, splendid, things need to be done to combine databases and such.

However, when I went to update my profile information with say... changing the password from the default one it gives you, it brings you to the screen asking for your name and email. Yes, yes, fine.

However, when I get to the email address part, it tells me that email is already in use.

Of COURSE it's in use! I'm using it! I'm logged in with it right now! So of course, it won't allow me to change my password, because the email address is already in use.

Is this a common bug? Is there any workaround? I've contemplated just putting in a different, temporary email address to change the password, and then change the email address back to the first one, but I'm not sure if the system will tell me that the first email has already been used at that point.

Any ideas on how to change your password anyone?
Kabuthunk

Re: Unable to change my profile or password - website bug

Postby Zeotor » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:33 pm

You could try using the "I forgot my password" button on the login page. If that doesn't work, you may find a solution in the FAQ section.
Zeotor

Re: Unable to change my profile or password - website bug

Postby Kabuthunk » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:06 am

I did... that was kinda part of the deal. I tried logging in with my old info, and it popped up a page saying to reset your password in order to finish migrating to the new system.

So I did, and that's the only reason I'm logged into the board right now. I just can't change anything.
Kabuthunk

Return to Website feedback, comments & bugs