solving a 3X3 after dan brown

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

solving a 3X3 after dan brown

Postby IceCubered » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:01 pm

so i can solve a 3X3 within 3 min with dan browns method... but i want a new method
i dont know what a good method is after the dan brown method ...
and if you do know a good method can you give a good link to a youtube movie?

i currently have a storebought one but i will order the dayan chanzi... (or however its spelled :D )

ty in advance
IceCubered

Re: solving a 3X3 after dan brown

Postby Zeotor » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:19 pm

A commonly used method for solving a 3x3 is CFOP, also known as the Fridrich method. It has four steps: Cross, First Two Layers, Orient Last Layer (make the top one color), and Permute Last Layer (put the top layer's pieces in their correct places). Sharkretriver made this topic that gives some guidelines of when to learn what parts of the method.

Here are some YouTube videos that go along with two of the stages.

50-1:00
learn intuitive f2l
Video - made my badmephisto.

40-50
learn 4-look Last layer, which is 2-look OLL and 2-look PLL
Topic, with videos - made by borginator2. It can also be found at the top of the Solutions page on this forum.

If you are wanting a method that uses different steps than the one you use now, and this one is too similar, post a response.

I hope this helps.
Zeotor

Postby IceCubered » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:36 pm

it helps ty!
but i have another question now... actually 2 :lol:

1: the beginner method hes talking about.. its not the same as dan browns i guess so are there some videos on that?

and second: can you advice me a cube?? i mean, i like the dayan V but im not sure if its good for me ... or TO good actually...

ty in advance! :P
IceCubered

Postby borginator2 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:54 am

Actually, Dan Brown's method is the "beginners method". It comes with most storebought rubiks cubes in a little booklet. He just put it in a video or two...
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Zeotor » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:28 pm

IceCubered wrote:can you advice me a cube?? i mean, i like the dayan V but im not sure if its good for me ... or TO good actually...

It may feel like the cube is too good for you right now. This could be because you were using a storebought cube before and you're not used to your new one. I suggest using it for a while. After that, you may still have problems turning it, such as overturning or underturning layers. If so, you can tighten the puzzle's screws. (The centerpieces have caps on them that cover the screws. Make sure you adjust the screws the same amount.) This will probably make the layers turn slower, and help you turn the cube better.
Zeotor

Return to Solutions