Should I get a LanLan?

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Should I get a LanLan?

Postby DXPower » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Okay, so my best time on a crappy, slow Rubik's Cube is 1:56.46. I am (slowly) learning the Fredrich's method, but currently, I use a method that does work quickly and efficiently, but it has no name that I know. Also, the Rubik's Cube, unless I really push it HARD with my fingers, it moves a full turn, and I am thinking, that if I do get a LanLan, it will drop my time by at least 30-50 seconds, because I made a bunch of videos of myself solving it, and counted how long my thing locked up, or had trouble moving it. In total, of a 2 minute and 15 second average, it was a total of 40 seconds. So, should I get a LanLan? Because I have heard a lot of good stuff about the LanLan and nothing bad.
DXPower

Re: Should I get a LanLan?

Postby borginator2 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:52 pm

I use a guhong II. Swear by it. Never locks up or pops. Very smooth. Very fast.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Sharkretriver » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:39 pm

The Lanlan 2x2x2 is really good although I believe it's been replaced with the Witeden Type C as the main speedsolving cube.
I've never heard of the Lanlan 3x3x3.
The Lanlan Skewb is really poppy (for me at least) and the Lanlan 4x4x4 locks up.

I'd recommend a Dayan 3x3x3, although I don't know what's the newest type (Guhong II)?
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby borginator2 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:19 pm

I'm not sure of the latest, but my Dayan Guhong II feels amazing with my new set of Cubesmith Textured Tiles. :D
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Peanut86 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:08 pm

I would use the zhanchi :)
Peanut86

Postby Npham » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:48 am

you should get a lanlan. i have a 4x4 and it is very smooth and fast. with one good spin, you can turn the top face 2/4. the stickers last for almost forever and the pieces can't come off. if you change you mind, you should get the shengshou. i still like lanlan better. shengshou pieces break off to easily. that happened to my friend where his entire top face popped off and he couldnt put it back together.
Npham

Return to Speedcubing