old rubik's jigsaw....

General discussions and topics

old rubik's jigsaw....

Postby ladysian » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:30 pm

about 20 years ago a friend of mine had a jigsaw we worked on together and i'm looking for one for myself to do now...

it was made by rubik's, was a large (2000-5000 piece)jigsaw of about 100-150 interlinked (like chainmail) rainbow coloured rings (like the linked 'magic rings') it was made to have irregular pieces and no edges and was marketed as being 'nearly impossible' to complete, does anyone know what the name of this puzzle was? or where i can buy one now?

many thanks peeps, i've been looking for this for the last 20 years and the person who helps me will get huge cyber-hugs :D

sian
ladysian

Re: old rubik's jigsaw....

Postby borginator2 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Was this what you had in mind? Normally I wouldn't link to a rival shop, but Rubiks don't sell them anymore, so I don't see the harm.

http://www.puzl.co.uk/rubiks-tangle-p-167.html
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby ladysian » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:11 pm

thanks but thats not the one.

this was 2 sided, black background, hundreds of interlinked rings or circles like on the rubik's magic, lots of them on each side not just 3, 4 or 5 and did not have straight edges at all

thanks so much for your help :)
ladysian

Postby borginator2 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:19 am

http://www.jaapsch.net/puzzles/zigzaw.htm

Maybe this one then? If so, I'm not sure where you'll get a new one. Maybe you can get a 2nd hand one on ebay...
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby ladysian » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:20 pm

no not that one either :( i've looked on the rubik's site for the one i want and ebay but i'm sure it was limited edition or just not popular as it was very hard

as i said i'm sure it was made by rubik's and the picture was rings, each went through the spectrum or colours within the lines of each ring, with a black background, all rings are connected in a 'chainmail' pattern and the jigsaw has no 'edges'

thanks for trying :)
ladysian

Postby feurfrei » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:17 am

Maybe you could draw something in paint and upload it for us to make an idea. Visual stuff can make your remember much more then words.
My rumycube.
feurfrei

Return to General Rubik's Discussion